• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Riqueza #4

flamchop

65/65
Tonight I had the pleasure of smoking my first La Riqueza, another blend from Pete Johnson working with Don Pepin and his son Jaime. I picked up a few of the robustos recently and was looking forward to smoking these as I've heard so much about the other sizes.

La Riqueza #4 (Robusto)
5 x 48
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf (USA)
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua

The construction of this box-pressed cigar is pretty much on par with normal Tatuaje smokes, but the broadleaf wrapper gives it a unique look. It gives it sort of a sloppy or rustic look if not imperfect. The dark, oily wrapper had some tooth and some veins. Definitely not a "clean and neat" looking smoke but I think that adds to the overall appeal. The pre-light aroma was sweet, and the draw was good.

After clipping and toasting I was immediately hit with a little bit of pepper but not as much as other Tats, it was smoother and had more of a sugary coffee or nut flavor to it. There was lots of smoke and the ash was bright gray. The cigar stayed smooth and mellow the whole way down... earth... nuts... coffee. Not the most complex, but lots of flavor in this mostly medium bodied smoke! Near the end the ash got kind of flaky and acted weird... but otherwise the burn was perfect. I smoked it down to the nub and very much enjoyed the flavor and would love to smoke more of these. I highly recommend trying them out if you haven't already.

This is one of my favorite cigars currently on the market. I enjoy the #2 a little better, but they are all pretty excellent.

Great review, thanks for sharing. I'm equally impressed by the La Riqueza line, especially the robo and beli sizes.

Thanks for the review. I like these cigars, however, with time they will be really good.

This is one of my favorite cigars currently on the market. I enjoy the #2 a little better, but they are all pretty excellent.

Yeah, what he said. :thumbs:

Edit to add: Nice review, btw!

Nice review!

You cannot go wrong with this stick. I have this one on my Christmas Wish List along with a few others.

Very nice review. I enjoyed a #5 from this line on the car ride home and I was completely taken back. For such a small little smoke, it was very tasty! Highly consdering buying a box.

I also enjoyed the #4 today; looking forward to #5 next :thumbs: .

Yea I have been smoking lots of these lately. The #5 cabinet version is my favorite. Mad flavors from a tiny stick.

Jfields turned me on to these. Definitely a tasty stick. I always have a few in the humi. They're hard to find around here, though. I make sure I stock up when I'm in Atlanta. I'm partial to the #3, but there's not a bad size in my opinion.

Think I got mine from Cigars International online... not sure how much they have left but they had most of the sizes when I ordered.

When I get the coin, I'll be buying a box of these along with a box of My Father.

Nice review. I've smoked the #2 and #3 so far and both were excellent. :thumbs: