• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Regios

flamchop

65/65
Tatuaje Regios
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo 99
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Rolled: El Rey de Los Habanos, Inc. Cigar Factory / Miami, FL , U.S.A.

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a total Pepin whore but especially Tatuaje. My favorites are the red band Havana VI's, but I also do love to partake in the brown band smokes from time to time. The higher price tag usually means I don't get to smoke them as much, so when I do it's a real treat.

The other night I decided to put fire to a Tatuaje Regios I had in the humi for at least 6 months. These brown band Tats are rolled in Miami and are usually a fuller body smoke than their red band counter parts. The dark Corojo wrapper on this particular smoke was in great shape. Oily with a bit of tooth. It has a good weight in the hand and smells of cedar, wood, earth. The reason it's unbanded is because I pulled it out of the Vinotemp without paying attention and the wrapper caught on the shelf above it... but no damage was done to the wrapper.

I clipped the triple cap and put fire to it and was greeted with lots of creamy smoke, and not as much pepper and spice as I'm used to with Tats. I'm wondering if that is due to the down time this one had (I usually smoke em as soon as I get em!) The draw was perfect as always with Tatuajes. I was pleased with the very mellow taste in the beginning, again mostly of earthy, leathery, woody notes. I found this Regios to be much more complex than the Havana VI line. About the halfway point some of the notes from earlier died off and it was just pleasant aged tobacco. It made the room smell great and wasn't so heavy that it gave me a headache! The ash looked light gray, and burn remained great the whole way down.

I always recommend Tatuajes. If these were priced at the same price point as the Nicaraguan rolled H-VI's I think these would be my go to smoke. I believe I paid roughly $10 for this robusto, whereas the robusto equivalent for the H-VI line is close to $7+. But you definitely get a little extra something for that extra $2.50 that I feel is worth having in your collection.

Very nice review. I've been close to buying a box of these for a while now, but other boxes keep coming up and these get pushed behind lol. Great smokes though!

Nice review. I love Tataujes. Very nice smoke indeed. Don't have the Regios, but a Unicos and Havana Cazadores sitting in my humi waiting for the right moment.

Very nice review. Try the Reserva J21 if you haven't already.

I've only smoked one of the brown label Tats (Unicos) and didn't care for it at all. I've been meaning to smoke another brown label, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I really enjoy the HVI's as well. Great review Mike!

My first Tat came from my Newbie Sampler trade that I got from Nick (theorangeman). It had rested over a year with him. That was the smoke that ruined me. It was the first cigar I've wanted to eat Iliked the taste so much. I finally bought a box and am going to try to let most of them age for over a year.

very nice smoke

Great review! I was gifted a regios OR from a very geneous botl here and it was a fantastic smoke. If you can try and lay some down.

Good review. You hit the mark dead center. I bought a box last year (07) from my local shop and after smoking half of them I went out and got a second box so that I would always have a quality aged stick for my guests. My last box came from Leaf and Ale for $199 with free shipping. I was happy with $8 stick until I saw a box on CB last week that went for just over $7 a stick. :angry: ...LOL...Keep your eye out for a deal...the box price is the way to go if you realy like these baby's....
Tom

I had my first brown label Tatuaje last night. It also happened to be the Regios size.
Burn and construction were excellent or shall I say, what we should expect from a cigar at this price.
1st third: Very good. I could tell there were some spice in the mix.
2nd third: Did it mellow out, or did my palate go numb? I can no longer taste much anymore. This is why I do not like spicy cigars. It fools me into thinking it went away. Only to find out later what damaged it done.
3rd third: Not enjoying it much. The spiciness began to wear on me, and this cigar was showing it's strength.

I think I would have liked it more if I had a full stomach. I did feel a little oozy afterwords. Then again, I am not a Don Pepin fan and I do not like spicy cigars.

Thanks for the review.

These are definitely full bodied smokes and best with some food in the stomach I think. But also what Carps said is true, the more down time you can give these the better, they tend to age well especially at lower humidity due to the Corojo. This particular Regios was better than others I've smoked. Probably because it had the longest down time.

I had my first brown label Tatuaje last night. It also happened to be the Regios size.
Burn and construction were excellent or shall I say, what we should expect from a cigar at this price.
2nd third: Did it mellow out, or did my palate go numb? I can no longer taste much anymore. This is why I do not like spicy cigars. It fools me into thinking it went away. Only to find out later what damaged it done.
3rd third: Not enjoying it much. The spiciness began to wear on me, and this cigar was showing it's strength.

I think I would have liked it more if I had a full stomach. I did feel a little oozy afterwords. Then again, I am not a Don Pepin fan and I do not like spicy cigars.

Thanks for the review.

These are definitely full bodied smokes and best with some food in the stomach I think. But also what Carps said is true, the more down time you can give these the better, they tend to age well especially at lower humidity due to the Corojo. This particular Regios was better than others I've smoked. Probably because it had the longest down time.

Thanks for the review.

Aging is given too much credit sometimes, especially for non cc's. But to each his own. For the Tat's I prefer them a bit young an spunky. With time I think they lose alittle too much. The best method (again, to me) is to sample your cigars every so often instead of just putting them away for a year or two. You might not like them then

Definitely makes me want to smoke the Unicos I've had resting in the humidor for 9 months. I've recently fallen in love with the Tat cazadores. It's a nice size for the brown labels and, to me, the most aromatic of the line. (Not sure if it's as good as the Havana VI hermosos, however).