• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jefferson's Reserve

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Jefferson's Reserve 15 yo Bourbon, 90.2 proof, fat flask style bottle, 750ml, about $45

Jeffersons%20Reserve.JPG

This is the new style of Jefferson's Reserve, you can tell by the cork they use. The old style had a glass topped stopper and the new style uses a wood topped one.

It's been raining here all day and after fighting the weather and the other crazy or idiot drivers while I was out looking for windows. ($650! a window installed seems like a bit much) I finally made it home. The day wasn't a total loss as my winnings from ads47 were waiting for me - a big thanks for the sticks :). I got my glass, parked my ass in my favorite chair, turned on the tunes and poured some Jefferson's Reserve. The bottle only says "very old" but the distillery has confirmed it is 15 year old bourbon from "very small batches".

This bourbon has a nice nose of vanilla, spices and some herbs. The first taste brings a typical sweetness with a touch of cinnamon all wrapped in underlaying oak. The finish is big and a bit woody but the sweetness stays a long time on the sides of the tongue.

I like this much better than the Woodford Reserve I reviewed eariler even though they are fairly similar in taste. The Jefferson's Reserve doesn't have the overpowering (IMO) oak flavorings that the Woodford did but there is still enough to notice. If you like Woodford you should like this.

(Another review from a state run liquor system. Our motto is: If you can't find it, order it.) :0

AVB said:
(Another review from a state run liquor system. Our motto is: If you can't find it, order it.) :0
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Thanks for another great review AVB!!!