• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ?

gawntrail

Guys,

I got an email from cigar5packs.com about their email special or some **** like that (in my bulk delivery box) and look at what showed up as now a Dominican (yellow band) Cohiba....

COHIBA

I'm not too sure what to think. What about you???

M. Gipson

It's enough to make you wonder when the cigar companies will go after each other for infringement. I had no idea that Cohiba used a girl's silhouette at the top of the logo. :p

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but Habanos SA did sue, and won. DR Cohibas are very possibly going bye bye.

I'll bet those are some of the worst cigars ever made. I say good riddance. There is only one Cohiba :love:

Gawntrail, did you ever try the one I sent to you? My buddy picked up a sampler for me for Christmas thinking that they were good sticks and he was doing me a favor. ??? I think he paid $19.99 for the 8 pack.

One of my friends, bought a box of these a month from some vendor in Miami. Said they were tasty whether they were real, or not. I tried one, and it was soft and musshy, and tasted like crap! You can never tell about peoples taste... :0

gregor22 said:
Gawntrail, did you ever try the one I sent to you? My buddy picked up a sampler for me for Christmas thinking that they were good sticks and he was doing me a favor. ??? I think he paid $19.99 for the 8 pack.
Gregor22,

I did indeed smoke that yellow band Cohiba you sent. It was a decent smoke. I'd rate it with the El Credito Apprentice bundles I've smoked. Nothing that stands out in your mind.....probably a $1.50 stick at best......I guess just another smoke.

M. Gipson

How Friggin LAME, here's a quote:

"...They come in their own humidifed, cedar lined glass top boxes, similar to the Cuban Cohiba Design.

Someone needs to clue these folks in.

They are true Cohibas in the sense that they are called "Cohiba" by the manufacturer. General Cigar owned the rights to the true Dominican Cohiba(red dot) and this other Cohiba was manufactured before General got them to cease importation into the States. Now General has lost the trademark:

Court-Ordered Stay Keeps General Cigar's Cohiba Brand on Shelves for Now, But Recall Looms

New York - Following the cancellation of General Cigar Co.'s Cohiba trademark in March by Southern District of New York Judge Robert Sweet, retailers and distributors have been but on alert that a recall and sales ban of the brand is likely to occur in June.
General Cigar was granted a temporary, 40-day stay to allow the New York-based manufacturer the opportunity to formally file for a more permanent stay, according to executive vice president David Danziger, who revealed in a letter sent to retailers in early May that such stays are "rarely granted."

Danziger stated in the letter that the company, which manufacturers its Cohiba brand in the Dominican Republic, believes it has strong grounds for ultimate reversal of the decision, but the time frame for a final ruling could easily exceed a year.

As a result of General's letter, many retailers were advising customers to make their purchases of Cohiba and Cohiba XV (Extra Vigoroso) brands while they were still available.

The other yellowband Cohibas are able to be sold if they were previously imported, before General got them to stop the importation.

Amish bob is gamelover. Admin at MD Cigars board figured this out and banned him. ATTN: Admin the infection has returned

K7

WOrst Cigars I have ever had... just make a cutout form a cardboard box and roll it and light it up. Both have a very similair taste... anyone wants some boxs.. to try this "great" cigars.. ill get rid of them very cheapy... I dislike them... if your a new smoker.. maybe they are ok.. but to someone who has had good cigars... pure crap.

Aw, don't ban him. How the hell are we supposed to have any fun if ya keep banning the ****heads?

NA

Aw, don't ban him. How the hell are we supposed to have any fun if ya keep banning the ****heads?

LOL. I haven't had any popcorn this week. I'm craving a Coke and a bowl of popcorn.

:sign:

bfreebern said:
LOL. I haven't had any popcorn this week. I'm craving a Coke and a bowl of popcorn.

:sign:
:D read this too fast, thought you said a "bowl of coke"