#21 Finzup

Finzup

CP Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:07 AM

Viper,

Thank you for your post. One quick question... Do you recommend using a "purified" bottled water, such as Dasani, to hydrate the beads? Or are there still too many minerals to clog them up?

#22 viper139

viper139

The Bead Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:08 AM

Viper,

Thank you for your post. One quick question... Do you recommend using a "purified" bottled water, such as Dasani, to hydrate the beads? Or are there still too many minerals to clog them up?

View Post

Most bottled waters have too much minerals in them. Ultimately the minerals will ruin the beads. I recommend either Distilled Water or water from a reverse osmosis dispenser.

Edited by viper139, 23 March 2005 - 09:09 AM.

#23 Cheeze

Cheeze

F%#k it Dude, Lets go bowling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:19 AM

If I use nylon like Panty Hose to hold the beads, will it hurt the cigars if the nylon is touching the cigars? ???

#24 psyktek

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

I always wondered why some beads were clear and some were white. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

#25 Tuxindy

Tuxindy

You Looking At Me!?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

Good info I almost posted a question that you answered, thanks for not making me look like a super newbie.
:cool:

#26 Sandalwood

Sandalwood

Coming back to the fold.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

This should definately be a sticky message. This answers several questions I had as I contemplated the creation of a coolidor.

#27 viper139

viper139

The Bead Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

I always wondered why some beads were clear and some were white. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

View Post

No such thing as a "stupid" newbie, just a uninformed one.

#28 viper139

viper139

The Bead Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:20 AM

Topped

#29 Nathan Rahl

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for topping this Viper! I just ordered my first pound of beads last week and look forward to using them. Unfortunately, they were confiscated the second they came in, and I won't see them till Christmas. :angry:

#30 ML237

ML237

On a prowl ...can't stop...lost my mind...up in smoke..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:08 AM

You have made another convert here Viper. New Years resolution of making a cooler-dor/tupper-dor combined with changing my current PIA humidification system just gained you another customer. Thanks for the great FAQ post. This should be really made into a sticky post for all those bead "virgins" just like I used to be :D

#31 Rumblin

Rumblin

CP Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

Just got my beads for my new humidor.

I've already determined that they're pretty much the best thing since sliced bread - I can't recommend them highly enough....I don't have look in my humidor every day wondering.....what a nice relief.

Great product Viper.

#32 cruc

cruc

CP Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

I am using the foam oasis humidifiers with the 50/50 mix in my humidor. I've been wanting to order the beads for a while, but have a question first. Once I take out the humidifiers that have the 50/50 mix and replace them with the beads, will the beads get damaged from the 50/50 mix or will I have to let the humidor air out before installing the beads?

#33 MichiganM

MichiganM

Padron Whore Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the post Viper. I just ordered beads from you 2 days ago and I got my email confirming everything. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have my 50 qt cooler sitting in the other room waiting for the beads. These beads are really no-brainers.

Jason

#34 Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton

Part of the Ron Jeremy Generation

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the post Viper. I just ordered beads from you 2 days ago and I got my email confirming everything. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have my 50 qt cooler sitting in the other room waiting for the beads. These beads are really no-brainers.

Jason

View Post

I just ordered more beads too. It's nice to be able to have enough beads on hand just in case. :)

#35 Rob_k

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:39 PM

Jason

View Post

viper is top notch, and his products are of the upmost quality.

#36 viper139

viper139

The Bead Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:03 PM

I am using the foam oasis humidifiers with the 50/50 mix in my humidor. I've been wanting to order the beads for a while, but have a question first. Once I take out the humidifiers that have the 50/50 mix and replace them with the beads, will the beads get damaged from the 50/50 mix or will I have to let the humidor air out before installing the beads?

View Post

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Unless you have actually spilled the 50/50 mix in the humidor the propelyne glycol should be in the humidifier. The only this that offgases in the 50/50 mix is the water portion, the PG stays put. So long answer short, no need to air it out.

#37 hooiserguy

hooiserguy

fellow newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

luv those beads I think they are great keeping my humi's stabil for a month now. Thanks Viper

#38 cruc

cruc

CP Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for your help.

#39 viper139

viper139

The Bead Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

View Post

Unless you have actually spilled the 50/50 mix in the humidor the propelyne glycol should be in the humidifier. The only thing that offgases in the 50/50 mix is the water portion, the PG stays put. So long answer short, no need to air it out.

#40 Strayvector

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

If I use nylon like Panty Hose to hold the beads, will it hurt the cigars if the nylon is touching the cigars? ???

View Post

Any thoughts on this Viper? Also, if you lay the nylon directly onto the cedar trays, will the cedar absorb the moisture where it touches the nylon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users