How to join a pass
Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:11 PM
Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:17 PM
Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:02 AM
Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:40 PM
Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:44 AM
Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:14 AM
i am a newbie to CP , but not to the cigar world . im trying to learn all i can about a pass befor trying to get in on one, i have a few rare sticks to trade , but like i said i want to find out more about it befor jumping in . one question i have . is there a limit as to how many for can can take and give? like a limit of take 2 give 2 ?
No, and i though my grammar was bad.
Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:42 AM
Edited by Rod, 13 July 2011 - 09:27 AM.
Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:59 AM
Not a bad bump. Good time to remind the newbs to read the pinned topics in EVERY sub-forum!
Edited by Nashkicker, 08 July 2011 - 08:01 AM.
Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:17 AM
Edited by Rod, 13 July 2011 - 09:27 AM.
Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:33 AM
Since I made a few mistakes, and I've seen several other new people asking about similar things, I thought I'd post a few quick notes about how to join your first pass. I know these things have been said elsewhere on the board, but I figured that if there was a thread right here among the "open passes" that it might catch the eyes of newbies eager to join who skipped over that other stuff.
In general, if you want to join a pass, do this:
* Read the CP pass rules (link on home page) and ask around if you don't understand them.
* Read a few completed passes, to get an idea of how they go.
* If you liked that, you can read a few passes in progress to see some "live action"
* Look at the original posting for an open pass, to see if there are any special rules. Ask the pass-owner if you don't understand them.
* Post around the board, and become "known" by a few people. It's considered gauche when a newbie's 1st post to this site is "can I join this pass?" (you know, like mine was ) No one will get mad about it, but everyone's first reaction is "who are YOU?!", so you can save them the trouble of asking, and warm them up to the idea of you joining their pass by making some introductory posts, first. Everyone loves new people, but there have been problems in the past with folks busting in, joining a pass, then disappearing into the woodwork once they get the box -- the memories of such events makes some people nervous.
* E-mail the person starting the pass with your real name, CP name, and mailing address. BE SURE TO REMIND THEM WHICH PASS IT'S FOR. Some people are involved in more than one pass, not all of them on this board.
* Once you're in, be sure to stay in touch with the pass. Subscribe to the forum, or check it daily. LET FOLKS KNOW if you might not be around when the box comes your way. Usually, they can rearrange the order a bit to fit you in after your travels.
* For my passes, I added a rule that I think everyone should use: when it's almost your turn, check-in with the forum and post "I'm here and ready", so people know that you haven't left-town, or anything.
* Of course, you should post to the forum the following events: * Got the box, * Puts & Takes, * Mailed the box (with tracking #) -- half the fun of a pass is keeping an eye on the forum and watching the box travel around.
I hope this proves helpful to folks new to CP.
I encourage others to add their thoughts, but please don't clutter this thread with "great idea" or "that's stupid" posts. If you have a critique and think I should revise this post in some way, please e-mail me privately, so we can work out the wording, then I'll edit the post -- that way, we'll save this thread from a lot of meta discussion.
Oh yeah, and WELCOME!
Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:19 AM
Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:33 AM
Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:34 AM
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM
Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:24 PM
Thanks for the Primer good Sir. Can't wait to try my hand at one. Until then I will just continue to post pics of beer and cigars. GOOD DAY!!!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users