• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PARTAGAS 1845 CIFUENTES Y CIA

Yambor44

I just smoked one of these that has been sitting in my humi for probably 4-5 years. What a great smoke (for me)!! Smooth and slightly earthy with tons of thick white smoke, nice light gray ash that clung until I decided it was time to go, and a little sweetness to it (maybe merged with another stick in my humi).

Is this a dominican or ????? ??? I cannot seem to find any of this EXACT name for sale on the internet (CIFUENTES Y CIA). I did read that this was someone (Cifuentes) that ran or owned the Partagas company for a while so i am not sure if this smoke went by some other name like a #8 or something. It was probably about 5.5" in length and about a 48 ring. Any ideals??? Thanks a lot!!
:)

Rob

I just smoked one of these that has been sitting in my humi for probably 4-5 years. What a great smoke (for me)!! Smooth and slightly earthy with tons of thick white smoke, nice light gray ash that clung until I decided it was time to go, and a little sweetness to it (maybe merged with another stick in my humi).

Is this a dominican or ????? ??? I cannot seem to find any of this EXACT name for sale on the internet (CIFUENTES Y CIA). I did read that this was someone (Cifuentes) that ran or owned the Partagas company for a while so i am not sure if this smoke went by some other name like a #8 or something. It was probably about 5.5" in length and about a 48 ring. Any ideals??? Thanks a lot!!
:)

Rob
Partagas has Cifuentes y Cia on most of their NC cigars so it could be one of many. They have seasonal blends, Black Label, Spanish Rosado, Series S, etc. You can go to just about any online retailer and pull up Partagas and there should be pics to help you out with this.

Edited to say these are Dominican made.....sorry I left that out.

What color was the band on it?

This is EXACTLY what the band looks like http://www.coronacigar.com/products/cigars...p?productId=136

Problem is i don't really see the size I thought mine was?? Maybe it was a Naturales Cameroon? I like Robusto in size as a rule so I know it was longer than a Robusto and maybe a tad thinner on the ring. So that would rule out the Naturales I guess.

Well, then there's also the Almirante Cameroon @ 6.25" x 47, which fits your approximate description.

Now, the other thing is, was it a regular parejo shape? Because Partagas also makes the Series S, which uses the same bands, but are all figurados. They have a perfecto measuring in at 6 x 49m again, right around your measurements.

http://www.coronacigar.com/products/cigars...p?productId=138

More like the one in the picture on color. Shaped like a Robusto size (not pointed on either end) regular cap and foot. Maduro is dark, huh? :blush:

Yeah... this would be the maduro:

s437.gif

This, the natural:

s491.gif

Sorry about the small, not so clear pics, but that's the best I could find with a quick search.

Both cigars shown are the "Naturale" vitola, 5.5 x 50. Partagas makes that size in both natural and maduro.

One thing to keep in mind, just because the size wasn't listed on the one site you were referencing, it doens't mean it's not out there.

Here's a better place to check for the complete list of sizes and wrappers:
http://www.cigarworld.com/brands/partagas/...rtagas_size.cfm

More like the one in the picture on color. Shaped like a Robusto size (not pointed on either end) regular cap and foot. Maduro is dark, huh? :blush:

Yeah... this would be the maduro:

s437.gif

This, the natural:

s491.gif

Sorry about the small, not so clear pics, but that's the best I could find with a quick search.

Both cigars shown are the "Naturale" vitola, 5.5 x 50. Partagas makes that size in both natural and maduro.

One thing to keep in mind, just because the size wasn't listed on the one site you were referencing, it doens't mean it's not out there.

Here's a better place to check for the complete list of sizes and wrappers:
http://www.cigarworld.com/brands/partagas/...rtagas_size.cfm

They are the Naturale. I found them today at my local cigar shop!! Had me one too and it was good. I did decide that the little "sweetness" was from some other smokes in my humidor, but it was still a great smoke right out of the box! Thanks so much for your help!

No problem. As far as the "sweetness" from your other smokes... what kind of other smokes are you keeping in your humidor? Flavored? If so, that will become a problem in the future.

No problem. As far as the "sweetness" from your other smokes... what kind of other smokes are you keeping in your humidor? Flavored? If so, that will become a problem in the future.

La Vieja Habana are the culprits I think.