12 replies to this topic

#1 miamipadronsmoker

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

I received this beautiful specimen of a cigar in a trade with a very special BOTL here at CP. I have been hesitant to smoke this cigar because I knew how strong it would be and I was dead on. This was by far the strongest cigar I had ever smoked. It ended up making my head spin a bit. After a home cooked stir fried chicken dinner I decided on this Taboada. The cigar was dark and oily. It had a ring gauge of 54 which is larger than I usually prefer. The taste was wonderful but at times a bit overwhelming. I think it could have benefited from some more age but was extremely enjoyable. The cigar was fairly complex changing many time throughout. The cigar was most enjoyable in the last third delivering tons of woody spice. I feel very fortunate to have smoked this bad boy on such a fine weekend!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 stepthirteen

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

Robbie,

Glad you enjoyed this. I have enjoyed most of the ones I have smoked based on the fact they where rolled by Taboada.

Jim

Edited by stepthirteen, 24 May 2009 - 08:38 PM.

#3 Kingantz

Kingantz

Growing too fast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Very nice Robbie! The 2006 I smoked the other day was excellent as well. That's a nice hot pink, just getcha nails done? :laugh: Great review!

#4 seadub

seadub

advertise here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

yep. very nice review. i (almost) don't want to recall my first taboada. of course the roll was out-of-this-world. the taste was incredible. but the strength really beat me up. good think atuck was there to peal me off the floor. so is it time to light up the taboada's again? perhaps i'll wait a few more years. :(

thanks again for the review (and the trip down memory lane). :D

#5 SPIVY

SPIVY

THE STIG

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Pink fingernails. I don't even have a comment. Great review btw.

#6 CRQuarto

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Very nice Robbie! The 2006 I smoked the other day was excellent as well. That's a nice hot pink, just getcha nails done? :laugh: Great review!

Exactly what I was thinking, LOL! :sign:

#7 pembroke3355

pembroke3355

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

yep. very nice review. i (almost) don't want to recall my first taboada. of course the roll was out-of-this-world. the taste was incredible. but the strength really beat me up. good think atuck was there to peal me off the floor. so is it time to light up the taboada's again? perhaps i'll wait a few more years. :(

Chris I remember you busted my opus cherry with a fine selection of stick. I got so excited and did not have much food in the belly. My head was spinning from that. Sadly I am now a whore. :blush:

#8 BobbyRitz

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

Taboada's can be very good when on. His arthritis is pretty bad these days, so get them while you can. Good review, Robbie.

#9 Strayvector

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

Great review, Robbie. Thanks for sharing.

#10 seadub

seadub

advertise here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

Chris I remember you busted my opus cherry with a fine selection of stick. I got so excited and did not have much food in the belly. My head was spinning from that. Sadly I am now a whore. :blush:

Ah, Don, Don, Don. We all have our stories about how we made it to the streets. Stick with the Opus. Trust me. You don't want to start a Taboada habit. You'll really hit bottom with them things. :rolleyes:

#11 BobbyRitz

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Ah, Don, Don, Don. We all have our stories about how we made it to the streets. Stick with the Opus. Trust me. You don't want to start a Taboada habit. You'll really hit bottom with them things. :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

#12 atuck

atuck

ANEJORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

I think I am going to have to pull one of these out tonight. Last one I had was over a year ago. It was wonderful as I recall. I will probably reach for one of my '05's since I have the most from that year.

#13 Petthefish

Petthefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

Wow it looks great. Thanks for the review rp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users