• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with CC 's and customs

LAWDOG

Just read this on another board any truth to this."Beginning January 1st, regulations in Switzerland were enacted that increased by orders of magnitude the fines a vendor would have to pay if they were caught inaccurately describing the contents of packages on their Customs Declaration form".

As a result, Swiss habanos vendors have been forced to write "cigars" on the Customs Declaration form...which seems to have significantly increased seizures during the past month or two.

Just read this on another board any truth to this."Beginning January 1st, regulations in Switzerland were enacted that increased by orders of magnitude the fines a vendor would have to pay if they were caught inaccurately describing the contents of packages on their Customs Declaration form".

As a result, Swiss habanos vendors have been forced to write "cigars" on the Customs Declaration form...which seems to have significantly increased seizures during the past month or two.

I know that part is true.

Do you have any links and facts?

Did someone just 'say' it...or is it referenced from a news article r gov't site?

I guess I don't know about the forced part.

Why dont just Email your vendors and asked them about it?
I'm sure they will know if there's any truth in that.
If it turns out to be true then they will lose lots of buyers and potential buyers,
but there are plenty other vendors that are not located in Switzerland

I haven't seen a specific link about this and I just heard about this here. Not getting to specific I know they will write "2 boxes cigars" on the customs form. I thought that was a little strange. Bandless may be the way to go depending on how this plays out.

(edited to correct spelling)

Forgot to mention that it happend to me twice from 2 different vendors but that was more then one year ago.
I emailed them regarding this issue,they response was that they declare cigars all the time.
Needless to say I didnt purchase from them again.

Although CC is legal here its a painin the #@# to pay the extra taxes.

I noticed that. The last two packages I've seen does have the word cigars on the green form.

Did someone just 'say' it...or is it referenced from a news article r gov't site?

Read it on the CF site..

What are the facts?

The fact is, they are now required to declare the contents of a package. Unfortunately, the Swiss customs site does not have information regarding business export. To verify this information, I just phoned my friendly neighbourhood swiss vendor :thumbs:

Read it on the CF site..

What are the facts?

The fact is, they are now required to declare the contents of a package. Unfortunately, the Swiss customs site does not have information regarding business export. To verify this information, I just phoned my friendly neighbourhood swiss vendor
thumbs-up.gif

You spoke to vendor and they confirmed this...thank you very much!
thumbs-up.gif

I've witnessed this as well.

I had a package come two years ago and it had "cigars" written right on the package. I'm curious to see what is written on the package I just ordered, let alone if they make it to me. *fingers crossed*

Read it on the CF site..

What are the facts?

The fact is, they are now required to declare the contents of a package. Unfortunately, the Swiss customs site does not have information regarding business export. To verify this information, I just phoned my friendly neighbourhood swiss vendor
thumbs-up.gif

You spoke to vendor and they confirmed this...thank you very much!
thumbs-up.gif

Correct sir.
Declaration value and legibility of the word "cigars" varies by vendor of course. :cool:

I had a package come two years ago and it had "cigars" written right on the package. I'm curious to see what is written on the package I just ordered, let alone if they make it to me. *fingers crossed*

Same here. Hopefully this doesn't make things difficult.

Same here. Hopefully this doesn't make things difficult.

X3 My issue falls around St Pattys day! will let you fellas know!

I've got an idea... get a better source than internet retailers from switzerland.

The last two shipments I have recieved in the last month both of them declared "cigars" on the customs form and the value. This is definately a big problem.