• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Review on "THE BAT"

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
There isn't really another name for this, I picked this up about 2 years ago in Vegas from a local shop on Fremont. This shop does only local hand rolled cigars and I found these in the corner, just sitting there. It was a 2 pack and he cut me a deal, I don't remember what it was, but I bought it because I wanted to see the look on my dads face when he saw these in his humidor.

He told me it was 100% Nicaraguan Puro, and 100% long filler. So after sitting on them for 2 years, and those being in his shop for something like 3 years, 5 years of down time was enough.

It had a very smooth tobacco smell, with very mild earthy tones on the prelight draws. It was a little ugly, but very well constructed, this guy has done this before.

It was very mild and delicious to be honest, it was a bit much, but it was very consistent, smooth, with great flavors of earth, leather, and tobacco...

This was definitely a novelty cigar, but it was much better then I expected, and worth much more then I remembered paying. If this was from Fuente, it would have been a $250 cigar at Casa Fuente.

Here are some pictures. Questions anyone?

photo-13.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-23.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-20.jpg

This was definitely a novelty cigar, but it was much better then I expected, and worth much more then I remembered paying. If this was from Fuente, it would have been a $250 cigar at Casa Fuente.

If that were a Fuente from Casa it would probably run a grand or so.

If that were a Fuente from Casa it would probably run a grand or so.

I was thinking I was low balling it, but none the less, it was worth more than I paid...

I've purchased from that store several times. He had a "special stash" :0 he offered me, from an island south of Miami. What a guy will do to make a buck.

Am I the only one wondering why the hell you sliced the cigar open?

After 3 hours and half of the way through, I had unexpected errands to run. But I wanted to know if this guy was bullshitting me on the stick, so instead of tossing it, I did a little dissection and found it was in fact pure long filler. When I have unadulterated time somewhere here in the future, I'll smoke the other one to completion and post a review.

I'm going to say it will be a 6-7 cigar, and you need plenty of butane to keep this burning straight.

I've bought a sampler selection from that cigar store too, it was cool to see the lady roller finish a churchill and then immediately light it up on the streets outside. That is a crazy sized cigar you smoked CJ, since the cigar was mild I guess the novelty factor wore off around then. I don't have it in me to try to take one of those down.

I agree, I'm not sure it was ever anything, but mild. It was down for a long time, but I would hate to smoke a 14 1/2" cigar that was harsh or super strong. I normally would never take that down unless it was NASCAR, I mean I already have 6 or more spare hours, might as well enjoy something large, instead of 3 smaller cigars.

Dave when you get back here, we will get together for a cigar, maybe knock out two of these... :thumbs:

Glad to hear from you,

WKOTI

So big cigars is something that runs in your family?
Capture-1-1.jpg

I have a buddy at a local shop that wants the other one, I might just give it to him, young, 5'4", maybe a 140lbs... I'd love to watch him smoke the thing.

I have a buddy at a local shop that wants the other one, I might just give it to him, young, 5'4", maybe a 140lbs... I'd love to watch him smoke the thing.

I would pay to see him smoke that bad boy, and then die laughing.