• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

There's Expensive and Then There's Atabey Cigars...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Have any members here ever heard of this brand?

We may have to send Tall Paul on a recon mission to buy a few and smoke them to see if these guys are smoking cigars or crack over there in New Hampshire.

LINK

"The creator of Atabey is the very same person (Nelson Alfonso) who created of Cohiba Behike."

2 guys is cryptic about the leaf origin.

I'd smoke one! :p

Of course it's the cigar of the year.  It's hella expensive, and from what I can see, only that B&M has 'em...!!... :p

2 Guys has two very nice stores here in NH, but I don't go there. Take it for what it's worth.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
2 Guys has two very nice stores here in NH, but I don't go there. Take it for what it's worth.

Doc

Yea I have lost a lot of interest in them over the past year or so. They seem to always have high priced strange items like this that no one else has!

I got a flier from 2 Guys advertising that cigar as well.  I've never heard of it.  I think it's the cigar of the year exclusively At 2 guys! :whistling:

ironpeddler said:

Wow.  Maybe they come with a happy ending...
If that's true, put me down for a box!

For what I'd spend on one box of those I'd buy 6 boxes of Padrons, Tats, and LPs and finish myself off! :sign:

Jesus Chris Gary...that's an image I have to burn out of my mind with a red hot poker.

I would buy one to try, but my vote goes to Ironpeddler, if I'm going to die with a smile on my face give that exact selection

LarryH said:
They say on their website that there's only one authorized US reseller and it isn't Two Guy's.  If you find them elsewhere they are fake.  Also MSRP is from $50 to $100.

http://www.atabeycigars.com/atb_home.php

If you click on "where to buy" under US CUBA RICA, INC it you will see the big list and there you will see the 2 guys locations.

Tall Paul said:
They say on their website that there's only one authorized US reseller and it isn't Two Guy's.  If you find them elsewhere they are fake.  Also MSRP is from $50 to $100.

http://www.atabeycigars.com/atb_home.php

If you click on "where to buy" under US CUBA RICA, INC it you will see the big list and there you will see the 2 guys locations.
Doh... The design of the "Where to Buy" didn't register as a link in my brain. :rolleyes:

Not A Nice Person said:
Fuente's high end lines go for comparable prices.  Just sayin'

~Boar

At least Fuente had an established reputation as a quality cigar manufacturer before putting out that offering. The same goes for Padron when they released their Millennium line. Both companies are also open about the country of origin of their tobacco.

Brand new comapny, secretive about where their tobacco is from, and they can't even bother to attempt to capitalize correctly:

"The ATABEY cigars are produced in limited quantities by
the "Selected Tobacco" factory in Costa Rica. The leaves of these
cigars have many origins, they are from caribbean and central america
countries."

Meanwhile, the best publicity they have about their cigars is the way their display looks.

"Atabey Cigars made its debut at IPCPR 2012 Show, the most important event of the year for tobacconists, Orlando, United States. Selected Tobacco, with its brands Atabey and Byron, won the 1st Price Award for "The best new Stand""

If I'm going to take a risk dropping $40-50 on a single stick, it's going to be somewhere with a track record.

Costa Rica Tobacco making its mark!!

Might have to make a trip to two guys!

They used to have three stores.

kona1000 said:
Costa Rica Tobacco making its mark!!

Might have to make a trip to two guys!

They used to have three stores.

I belive they still do!
Salem, Nashua, and Seabrook!

Oh my, I forgot the Trashua store.

Doc

Devil Doc said: