• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa de Garcia "infused"

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
As some of you may know we have w crazy new member that loves infused cigars. He started a couple experiments to infuse already infused cigars further and infused non-infused cigars as well. If you are not aware of this thread you can find it here. Jeff joined my MLB contest this year and with his buy in he sent one of the now infused non infused cigars and kindly asked me to do a review on it. Sadly I had no time to do a video but got to do a little write up so with out further ado.

Casa de Garcia
Size: Robusto (4.7" X 50)
Wrapper: Connecticut
Binder: Connecticut
Filler: Dominican Republic/Honduras
Strength: Mild

gallery_13257_1492_2158444.jpg

The construction is all around ok with the amount of abuse this cigar probably went through in this "infusion" process. However the was a couple splits in the wrapper most likely due to the high humidity during the process he did. 

gallery_13257_1492_1792533.jpg

I was very surprised that there was no signs of mold in or on this cigar with the amount of humidity it seemed to be "infused" by.

gallery_13257_1492_1121957.jpg

When the cigar arrived a couple weeks back I could literally smell the mass amount of vanilla through the shipping box and this thing was actually double bagged as well. I was scared to light it up with the fear of getting sick since I really do not like infused/flavored cigars. Now after a couple weeks of sitting in a triple bag with a humi pack the smell has significantly dropped down but is still defiantly present. 

The pre-light draw had significant notes of coffee and vanilla and like I explained to a BOTL over the phone when I was lighting it up it reminded me of the scent and flavor of my wife's french vanilla coffee she runs in the Kurig.

On light up the flavor have all stayed solid and I was very surprised at how much flavor the cigar had. However I knew at this point it is going to be a struggle to enjoy this cigar beyond the band because of my dislike of flavored cigars. 

gallery_13257_1492_1510360.jpg

gallery_13257_1492_609567.jpg

gallery_13257_1492_1375945.jpg

All in all what it comes down to is Jeff's experiment with out a doubt DID work and as most that followed the thread I will say I was very surprised. The cigars flavors slowly tapered off as I smoked the way down the cigar but were very distinct in the fist third of the cigar. To me is it practical I would say no. The cigar of choice is very cheap for this experiment but its not like you would do this to a high end smoke. The point is there are plenty of flavored cigars out there that are much higher quality cigar than this CdG but if you enjoy doing this then have at it and more power to you. 

Thanks Jeff for sending me the cigar to review for you,
Paul

Thanks for the awesome review Paul! That was great! Glad it at the least gave you something to do LOL. 

Nice review Paul.  Glad to hear you are still alive.

extremeXconcepts said:
Come on still alive? lol I didnt infuse it with rat poison...
You obviously don't know Paul very well.  That would have been the first thing in my "infused" recipe.. :whistling:

Ha! No I think Paul is a awesome, straight up guy, and I really appreciate his friendship and help here. Again THANK PAUL! for choking that damn thing down lol.

Sounds like someone is falling for the tall funny looking guy... :laugh:

Well since Paul smells like a Ben and Jerry's ice cream cone now....... I understand the attraction.

Nice review Paul.Way to help out a new BOTL with a pet project.

Jeff congratulations on the culmination of your "experiment".