• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Series C No.3 EL 2012

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Partagas Series C No.3 EL 2012

Size: Grand Corona
Wrapper: Cuba
Filler: Cuba
Binder: Cuba
Price: $17
Strength: Med-Full

gallery_13257_1492_343331.jpg

Pre-light:
The draw was perfect to my liking not to loose but not to tight as well. The cold draw left some spicy notes on the tip of my tongue with a smooth tobacco flavor. The construction is beautiful with no prominent veins and a very smooth wrapper that is a nice medium brown color. I cut the cap with a Xikar Xi1 and it was a beautiful cut.

First third:
The fisrt few puffs after the inital light up was packed with a blast of black pepper that was very powerful and overpowering and a very harsh bitterness that I figured was just do to the stick being so young. A few more draws an the pepper spice dropper down a bit but was still the prominent flavor. I am hoping that this cigar changes quickly of its getting tossed.

gallery_13257_1492_1045412.jpg

Second third:
The pepper spice was still in the background but has dropped down significantly at the start of the second third. The smoke that the cigar is producing was beautiful and thick white smoke with a blue tint. The body is pretty strong through the first part of the cigar in the full range. There are hints of earth that I'm getting and a nutty flavor on the finish as well. 

gallery_13257_1492_1158325.jpg

Final third:
The nutty flavor I was getting in the middle of this smoke had dropped off completely and the pepper spice is lingering in the background and I am just getting plums of thick smoke that is kind of blah at this point. I am hoping that the other 4 I have develop quiet a bit in the next few months. Can't really blame the flaws on being young since EL's are rolled with 2 year old tobacco. Don't get me wrong it was a decent smoke and I look forward to the others it just wow me like most EL's do. 

Happy Smoking,
Paul

Sounds like if you had tried infusing it with something, you may have enjoyed it more!

Nice review!

Nice review. I enjoyed the one I smoked although I like the E better. 

Great review Paul!

I picked up the 2010 today and can't wait to try it :thumbs: