• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

And now for some good news

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
We've had more than our share of bad health news here at CP lately. So I'd like to share some good news. I had my annual physical last week. The blood work results came in today. Now keep in mind I'm fifty lbs. overweight, don't exercise and eat more than I should, and a whole lot of stuff I shouldn't. In fact, I eat anything I damn well please. Butter, eggs, bacon, dairy, red meat, just to name a few. Well what  might you think my combined cholesterol level is? Well I'll tell ya. 143. Yup, that's right. Long distance runners should have it so good. I'm a freakin' medical miracle. I chalk it up to superior Italian genes. :cool: This ought to keep my physician off my back for at least five years. And now I think I'll have that BLT, with extra mayo.

Doc

Way to go Doc - good news indeed brother. And  seriously butter, eggs, bacon, dairy and red meat are good for you. You can add salt to list as well. These do more good for you than what they get credit for in the media.  :thumbs:

Excellent indeed, do you take fish oil or anything like it?

No, no fish oil, but I drink a 1/2 a fifth of whisky a day.

Doc

Great news, Doc.  I've been trying to watch my intake but the damn WT101 keeps throwing it's body in front of the whole "healthy" train.  Oh, and a couple cigars a day, go figure..... :p

That's great! Jealous of course. Viva Italia!

Congrats, Doc!  I love me a good BLT, especially in the summer with fresh garden grown 'maters!!!

Floyd T.

WTG Doc, so according to that we will be blessed with your presence and melodious input for quite some time. Are we blessed, or what?

Smokin'Sims said:
Congrats Doc. Maybe cigars lower cholesterol.

In view of what science has seemingly turned into, i.e. correlation trumping causation, I would say you're right.  Let's start an add campaign with Doc as our spokesperson touting cigars as lowering cholesterol and extending life expectancy.  Our commercial would be Doc saying "Just look what cigars have done for me!" and the rest of the ad is a speed reader naming off the side effects and disclaimers.

Woah Doc............I hope you knocked on wood while you were typing your first post. :whistling: :laugh:

Good news and numbers too!

Maybe it is making and eating that sugar tree syrup?