• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upcycling an Ethan Allen Telephone Table to a Humidor

Munt

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at this thread.  

I want to say that I do feel bad for bastardizing this beautiful table.  I paid so little for it I gave the guy extra money.lol.  Its not very big but I love it.  The goal is to replace the drawer with a spanish cedar drawer and put an ashtray on top and leave the shelf below for accessories or one of my pipe stands.

So far I have cleaned the cabinet inside and out.

I have now caulked the inside of the drawer cavity.  One person here suggested lining it all with spanish cedar but I have been able to achieve my goal by doing it this way in the past.  I didn't want to take the entire table apart to get inside and re-line it.  It was tight to work with though as you can see my caulking job was kind of bastardized.

Thanks for looking and I will post more pics as they become available and as progress is being made.  If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.  I am always looking for better, faster, and proper ways to create cabinet humidors.

Sean.

P.S.  Pics didn't show up yet, give me a few.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11923]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11924]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11925]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11926]

Can't tell what kind of wood the drawer face is ( EA seems to like pine? ). Since most tables have a recess on the top of the drawer opening, are you planning to use spanish cedar there also?

I take it this will be a patio piece?

Success!

Was not planning on touching the drawer face at all.  The drawer face seems to be tight to the wood, so I think it may be fine.  I will do anything needed to get this piece to hold the proper humidity.  It is definitely not for outside.  This is going to be placed on a small wall I have in the living room.  

I will post more pics this week.  I will be reconstructing the drawer then.

Cheers.

Sean.

looking fwd to seeing this project progress