• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Rothschild

diapanos

Banned
This was a gift from Undegreed (thank you)

Wrapper is very dark probably maduro.
Cigar is packed very full. No soft spots and it's very stiff.

Pre-light smell is chocolaty.

1st third
1st few puffs after lighting bring a lot of pepper which dies down after about 1/2 inch. 
Once the pepper is gone I'm left with a leathery/wood flavor with some pepper.
The draw is very nice. A little tight but not anywhere bad enoughthant you have
to work at drawing off of it.

2nd third 
Pretty much the same peppery/leathery/woodsy flavor.

Last 3rd
Hints of sweetness now kind of like it's trying to get a little sweet but isn't allowed to.
Flavor is almost all woodsy at this point

What I liked 
Smell was divine.
A very nice toasty almond scent.
Very good construction. I love cigars rolled tight like this so that hey almost feel like small logs in your hand.

What I didn't like
pepper/sharp wood flavor all the way through.

Illusione makes a lot of great stuff, you should look into some other offerings as well.  I don't think I've had one that wasn't worth smoking.

I've not tried the Rothchild but read a couple of reviews that were about the same as yours. OK but boring.

vortex said:
I've not tried the Rothchild but read a couple of reviews that were about the same as yours. OK but boring.
Don't know that I'd say boring but the flavor wasn't quite what I like.
Brickhouse said:
Illusione makes a lot of great stuff, you should look into some other offerings as well.  I don't think I've had one that wasn't worth smoking.

I've been wanting to try the Illusione Epernays but spending that much on cigars I haven't tried before is a little intimidating.

Gavin has a fiver of Epernay le petit for sale in the buy forum ...

Now we're talking Diapanos - moving on up........

Nice play Undegreed.  :thumbs: