• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My.02 on Cohiba Piramides Extra

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Cohiba piramides extra.

Pre light:
Beautiful golden brown wrapper. Silky to the touch. Aroma at cold of sweet hay with honey and well aged tobacco. Foot has a faint sweet pepper like note along with that signature Cohiba grassiness. Straight cut. Draw is nice and open. Flavors of graham cracker, grass, honey and faint spice.
fc1e54b61d95e8727077f06e1057b8a5.jpg

2cd28a195626d02448dea7175ad54fce.jpg

1st third:
Salty flavor along with Cohiba grassiness,creamy flavor like organic sweet cream butter. Nice long finish. Flavor explosion in the mouth. Surprisingly not much smoke volume until puffs. A nice woody and slight green pepper spice in background. Aroma of smoke is like honey and hay. Flavor is dominated at this early point by Cohiba grassiness, which I enjoy. Midway through 1st third and flavor remains dominated by Cohiba grassiness with a green pepper spice along with a woody flavor. White pepper and wood take over nearing end of 1st third with faint honey sweetness. Burn is a little wavy but mostly self correcting. Ash is mostly light gray in color. Going into 2nd third spice all bit dissapears, flavor is mostly Cohiba grassiness and wood with faint pepper and honey. Very creamy and smooth.
86667c4d125dd2a56595ad3bffe091cc.jpg

6aa59b21f5f4e64b27a7861c8b2c6df9.jpg

2nd third:
Flavor is creamy, slight spice in background, grassiness present but toned down significantly. Flavor is like ginger bread with less molasses. Ash is solid and holding on well. Midway through 2nd third flavors remain unchanged. Ash flaked into ashtray as I noticed it becoming ready to fall off. Grassiness and wood return to the forefront along with cream. Smoke is downright elegant, luscious. Saltiness returns at this point nearing end of 2nd third. Smoke aroma has maintained sweet and pleasant throughout. Finish is long and luxurious. So far I find this to be superior to the BHK 52, only because the flavors are much more in your face. Though the BHK 52 is no slouch. If in the mood for milder go for the BHK 52, if spice and Cohiba grassiness are your cup of tea, smoke this.
9ecd9670643edf66aeacb20d04d5784d.jpg

813917c23bf4e5f5926553b3e3e62717.jpg

Final 3rd:
Flavor of smoked almonds pops out. Cohiba grassiness remains present, along with faint honey sweetness. Smoke is solid medium plus in strength and full flavored. This smoke has aspects of a fresh Cohiba siglo VI along with the sweetness, grassiness and almonds found in most well aged Cohibas. Midway through final 3rd, flavor is dominated by grassiness, wood, almonds and saltiness. Background white pepper spice is in the mix. Burn remains mostly wavy but self correcting. Saltiness and wood dominate the flavors near end. Pepper tingles the tongue still. Strength dies down to a solid medium. Remains full flavored. In final part wood and a smokiness found in scotch is present. Peat? And yes, grassiness. Smoke ends mild to medium.
Excellent.
d407b875c555076d78e74f0eef35385b.jpg

Final smoking time
1:10.

Overall 5/5.
highly recommend.

For those of you that do not like Cohiba, (backslide) Jason, but perhaps it's different enough you could like it or perhaps this is not for you. It is a different Cohiba, but at its core has classic Cohiba flavors. Strongest Cohiba I've enjoyed.

Fantastic cigar.

Thanks Bill (cigarsid)
For sending this my way.

Thanks for the review. I concur with your perspective :)

Well done, C. Love that Almond note that comes out in some sticks. I get that the most with PLPCs.

It's rather tasty and very enjoyable. Next morning after breakfast and brushings of teeth, I can still taste saltiness, and almond with faint grassiness. Wow!

Very nice review C, spot on as J said. I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Looks fantastic!  Great review, thanks for all of the pics.

Only water on this occasion. I will have to try it with a nice adult beverage in the future.

Hey C, great review. Did you have any idea what the box code of this stick was? I have been looking at them and glad I got to see a review here before taking the plan.

Well written and consice descriptions of your overall findings "C"---- makes we want to break open a sealed box from 2011 and start the holiday season early.
"C" how's comparison between the BHK 52 or 54 and these? I'm assuming the Pyramides profile is similar but possibly a tick more strength. Just curious for your thoughts.
Thanks for taking time to post review for our enjoyment.

I haven't had the 54, but in my opinion the piramides is stronger, has a flavor profile closer to classic line of cohibas, whereas the 52 is Cohiba but well aged, smooth as hell, similar to a trinidad but minus the tea flavors. I find you have to concentrate a little more on the 52 to pull out subtle flavors whereas the piramides is in your face and present. I believe a noob couldn't handle/appreciate the piramides, as with the 52 a noob could/would be able to smoke it and enjoy.

Cohiba piramides extra is a new cigar tome. I never smoke it. You have introduced this cigar here very well. It's really amazing.