• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2004 Romeo y Julieta EX#4 review

modo22

I made a mistake in TallPauls pass with isom's. Didn't note the age on a take, ended up with a 2004 Romeo y Julieta EX#4 OFL MAY 04. So thought I would review this after the pass mistake and agreeable keep.

Pre light, clean, mellow looking wrapper. Awesome amount of Creamy vanilla on the nose. Great shape for a cigar saved since 2004, 10 years 6months.
I have not smoked a lot of RyJ's so this will be new for me regardless of age.

874192aa94ecb5ae4653c6a0c8d42440.jpg

6cb0a7b0ac26d06ec15fa0d35797e78d.jpg

The first few draws are great. Perfect draw, not too open or too tight. There is no spice to this what so ever which is different from what I normally smoke. The first third is full of grass and earth tones. The cigar is not strong at this point, but the fact that it smokes this smooth with its age is just impressive.

At about the half way point not much has changed. The grassy earth flavor profile has turned to more of a deep woods flavor in the back of the pallet. There is a bit of a white pepper spice beginning to come out. But I don't know if that is because it is there or I am just looking for it.

The strength picks up slightly. Will finish around a medium smoke. It is still so smooth with each draw. The fact that this thing is still so creamy and tasty is amazing. Not harsh at all.

41445ccce760daf99bd9790fed7521d3.jpg

Wow, approaching that 2/3 slash final third I start to get some sweetness. It is not strong or overbearing but it is there and is such a great touch to compliment how smooth this cigar is. Very impressed. The aroma at this point ( although I am not in the best environment to completely let it stand around ) is so pleasant I would like to make a candle from this.

The final third is strong with the deep woodsy undertones with a nice tobacco profile. This thing has been consistent but not complex. But damn it's been smooth and enjoyable from start to finish. Amazing. Thank you.

b5b28bcb7351c65679b20134dc2eaa3b.jpg

And the last 1/63478th of this smoke is spectacular. I can't tell if it is becauea I am wasted from me fist Rumpkin beer or if it's the cigar. But I am getting strong flavor s or cherry and cinaminunn .... Cinaminunn ...nope, I mean cinnamon. That and a great flash back to the good ole flavor or surge. Man this thing is full of pallet testing favors. I love lamp. I'm putting my pants back on. Where's the Tylenol.

Thanks TailPaul for the pass and letting me keep this one. And thanks Backslide for the brew. I'm going to take a nap.
bc97ee13902daa13bfa7f55e190135dd.jpg

I will go back and read the article at some point.  I was too busy looking at the pictures. :D

The firewall here blocked the pics, so I was able to concentrate on the review...
Good job, I enjoyed reading it!

I'm enjoying the rest of my box! Though I do think they're on a downswing.

Gavin said:
I'm enjoying the rest of my box! Though I do think they're on a downswing.
It was very enjoyable, but I am curious what they were 4 or so years ago.

Do you find them more on the medium/full side?

They have been noticeably mellowing. I got the box about two years ago and have gotten less woody and more...creamy? I don't know, exactly. Two years ago I'd describe them on the mild side of medium. Now they're very mild.

You had me at, "I made"......................

Thanks, great job!

Ben, superb review!

Well chosen words and cigar placement, just outstanding...

Nicely done! I haven't smoked enough of these to have any frame of reference but you made me want to try one. Sounds like a cigar I might enjoy with a nice cappuccino. Well done!