• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Being a Jarhead I don't believe a word of it

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
But I thought Doc might like it

gallery_773_749_14197.jpg

From one of my favorite movies, from a Marine to a Navy JAG officer;

".....No, I like all you Navy boys. Every time we've gotta go someplace to fight, you fellas always give us a ride....."..... ;)  

I don't know the first thing about sailing. And, if some of you think fighting a war from the deck of ship isn't an honorable thing to do, as opposed to terra ferma, tell it to the Marines, who did it for couple hundred years or so.

Doc

They don understand Doc, the Jarheads are a "part" of the Department of the Navy." Yes we give them a ride, then they walk while we eat hot food.

But, I must add that we had a detachment of them on my ship and they were great guys. We swipped the doughnuts from the bakery and even shared them with them.

SPECIAL NOTE: those of you who remember LURCH, he is about to receive his E7 stripes this August. He is a real gung-ho Marine.

Pugman1943 said:
They don understand Doc, the Jarheads are a "part" of the Department of the Navy."

No, it is the Department of Naval Services.

Pugman1943 said:
They don understand Doc, the Jarheads are a "part" of the Department of the Navy." Yes we give them a ride, then they walk while we eat hot food.

But, I must add that we had a detachment of them on my ship and they were great guys. We swipped the doughnuts from the bakery and even shared them with them.

SPECIAL NOTE: those of you who remember LURCH, he is about to receive his E7 stripes this August. He is a real gung-ho Marine.
Congrats to your grandson.  My BIL is waiting to find out if he gets up to E8 this year.  He is in the Navy, sub fleet.  Interesting story here, my sister met him while he was serving on the USS Buffalo.  My dad was stationed on the Buffalo in the 80's.

Thank you oh learned AVB, I stand corrected. As for the USS Buffalo, didn't know about her, but I sure will look.

Doc hasn't chimed in, do you suppose he's pissed about being involved with the Navy, do you?

Pug, I got sick of telling Jarheads they were a part, a small part, of the Navy a long time ago.

Doc

Yes, we Marines know we are part of the Department of the Navy...

The men's department!

;)

Yea, but they ain't learned how to walk on water yet.

Doc