• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A newbie review of Vitasea's cigar

BkCloud114

I hate Moochers !!!!!
First let me start off by saying that I have no experience with ISOMs what-so-ever. I was give an "ISOM" by a friend who traveled to Canada about 2 yrs ago and it was the worst tasting thing I had ever smoked. Although I have wanted to try another, I have never had the opportunity until now. Now I'm expected to tell my opinion of this cigar. Everything I have done while smoking this cigar was done after reading other posts.

I only sent my name and addy to Vitasea cause I thought this was a goof and figured to give it a try. Well for some reason he sent me two, both poorly packaged and wrapped in "Saran" wrap. I don't know how they made it to me in such good condition. Since I had two I sent one to STYX&STONED cause his got ruined.

A Newbie review:

The first appearance of the cigar was that it was really well constructed, Cohiba Esplinado, from what I have been told by fellow CPers and a little internet research. I let it sit in my Humidor for about 10 days. I also noticed that it also had a triple cap on it and that the band was very well made. The cigar had a very good pre-lit aroma to it and did not smell, for lack of a better word, NASTY.

After snipping off the end, the pre-lit draw was also very easy but I did not notice any flavors that so many other people have grown accustomed to. The cigar lit very easily and had a very good flavor, probably one of the best tasting cigars I have ever had, but I'm still a NEWBIE remember. It actually reminded me of the flavors from a HdM Robusto, which I truly enjoy smoking.

IMG_0294.jpg

The ash started off beautifully, not very white but more of a grey. It looked like it was going to hold on for a long time......

And then.....

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

It fell off after about 1 inch......

It still proceeded to burn nicely and the flavors I described before continued to increase and become more enjoyable. I am going to say that there was a little cocoa flavor in it.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

And then after about a little more than half way it went out.

IMG_0304.jpg

I re-lit it without a problem and noticed that the amount of smoke increased after the re-light

After about 3 minutes the cigar went out again and I gave it another chance and re-lit it again. It still had that great flavor and alot of smoke.

After that it began to burn enevenly and I gave it a chance to correct itself. Guess what ?? it went out again.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

I did not try to light it again because I figured if it was this much trouble it won't stay lit. I did enjoy the cigar and that flavor did stay with me all day.

I cannot say whether this cigar is a true ISOM or not. I included the pics so that FOGs can also determine based upon the way mine burned.

All I can say is that the cigar flavors were very enjoyable and I hope that Vitasea does stay around and share his stories and his experiences with this forum.

Ok.... that was my first review, what do ya think ?

P.S. I was not including a pic of myself cause I've seen what could happen with them.....LOL

Nice review :thumbs:

By the way, it's "Esplendido"

Nice review, BK! :thumbs:

And I totally understand about the pic of yourself... those can get brutal!

Let cigars rest in a regulated humidified enviroment for at least 30+ days. Longer is even better. Those regulating closer to 70 seem to have more burn issues in my experience. IMO, the fact that you had to relit several times combined with the burn issues speaks to the cigar not being settled.

The biggest key regardless of your humidity level (<70) is to allow the cigar to rest properly. Burn issues are not a key indicator of where the tobacco is from.

i try to keep my cigars at 65 65 as 70 + seems to be to moist for isom
thanks for the review, there could have been a little damage from shipping

there are still about 29 others out there to hear from

vitasea said:
there are still about 29 others out there to hear from
[snapback]173730[/snapback]​

I wouldn't be able to tell a real from a fake, as I am a Cuban noob.........but, whatever these turn out to be, Vitasea did send out a bunch. A review of some kind is in order for his effort. I'm enjoying hearing the different opinions even if it is just pissing (inferred or not) about who knows Cubans and who doesn't.

29 more.............come on guys ring in.

M. Gipson

Thanks for the review.

My Esplindido from Vitasea made it in good shape and is relaxing in the Humi. I'll provide a review upon completion of the smoke within two weeks.

;)