• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje

OutlawD

Dastardly Dirick
Just received this smoke today at our shop.
Oh boy is it good.

Heres some info that came with it:

TATUAJE (Tah-too-wah-hey)

"All tobacco is 1st generation cuban seed grown in nicaragua.All cigars are rolled in classic cuban tradition by cuban master rollers in Little Havana Miami FL USA. Headed by Maestro Tabaqueri Jose Garcia and family.All cigars are rolled with a beautiful cuban triple cap and are medium to full in flavor. Created by Pete Johnson"

wrapper:nicaragua corojo 99/binder:nicaragua/filler:nicaragau

That is what they have to say.What i have to say is"WOW"!!!!!
This cigar has a lovely wrapper reminiscent of a camacho.
Its tightly rolled with a good heft to it.Easy predraw.
Predraw tastes of oak, mild black licorice and black pepper.
The first few minutes of this smoke are bursting with all the predraw flavors.
The next few minutes should be set aside to find a chair, if youre not sitting already. This cigar packs a SERIOUS punch.
What i found interesting was the aroma of the second hand smoke it emmited(the owner had one before i did,i was busy doing the receiving paperwork and puttin it in the computer so i could enjoy one)it smelled kinda like mild cardboard.
I think of it as kinda "maduro cardboard". The point is it actually smelled good.Made my mouth water a little.

Back to the actual smoking.This cigar continued to make my head swim but i just couldnt stop smoking it it tasted so good.Sat it down for about 2 minutes before i had to pick it up again, couldnt leave it alone.Beautiful burn with a somewhat solid ash.Approx 2" before it dropped.Ash color was somewhat similar to a padron 26 maduro.Kinda grey and black. Much darker than i would have thought.The pepper receeds a little about a third of the way through. The mild hint of licorice wore off right after that and whats left is the woody flavor,not as pronounced,kinda cedary at the 1/2 to 2/3 mark where the cigar mellows (whew) just a bit.

The finish was nice, it didnt really change from 2/3 to when i sat it down.Approx.2" left.

Overall this is one of the best cigars ive ever smoked. Ive only had two or three isoms and really dont have a knack for what they taste like but id .....
well id put it right next to my all time favorite Padron 26 #1 Nat. Two completely different tastes (from the same country) but imo both NUMERO UNO.

Rating : Whatever the highest rating you can imagine

www.tatuajecigars.com

oh almost forgot

Regios 5.5 X 50 was the size i smoked. MSRP $9.50

I've smoked one, a corona size, that I thought was outstanding. I smoked what is supposed to be their benchmark, the Cojono, not very impressed. My review can be seen here.

yeah i had the cojonu today , wasnt that impressed with it either. but i still loved the other one i had. gonna smoke that one again for sure.

I just looked in the bottom of one of my humidors and found a bunch of these things :0 . I have no idea where I got them either. I'll give one a try in the next day or so. Sounds like they should be pretty good.

Local shop has these. They are quite pricey. On another board, the reviews were pretty one-sided against. Aside from all the construction complaints, the taste seems to be hit or miss. At that price I have to pass.

Today I had the "Gran Cojonu" 6x1/2 by 60.
It wasn't as strong as I thought it was going to be, probably due to the 60 ring.
The spice was mild, till the last 1/4, then it opened up well.
Other than the Avo "le-5" cigar, this has been one of my favorite cigars I have had in a long time, that was truly different.

I would say.1>10(10 best)
8-1/2 for overall taste(needs some time to age, had a tiny bit of a sharpness)
9 on construction(damn near perfect)
8 on draw(a little easy)
9-1/2 on its overall appearance
this whole new company, has made some of the most beautiful cigars I have seen in a long time. really the only thing that surprised me is that each box I opened, the cigars were not really shade(color) sorted well. That's why the 9-1/2 for looks.

Id say buy a few now, hold on to for a year, and enjoy.

http://tatuajecigars.com

Got mine in. They are the Unicos 6 1/8 x 52 Pyramid. Very dark and oily wrapper. They look tasty. Gonna smoke one tonight.

sarge the box we got of that size was kinda young. if youre not impressed with the first one let em rest a month or two :D