• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this mold?

cigars&rum

"I changed my profile Rod"
Noticed this just about an hour ago...look about an inch or so below the cap. Could this be mold? If so should I quarantine this stick?

4b472d35.jpg

0c002c43.jpg

Thanks guy's,

C&R

cuban... some cubans get a green spot. I've heard it's a "normal" thing, but then I heard it wasn't. Smoke it anyways!

I've got one of those spots on one of my Zino Platinum Stout's. I was worried that it may be mold as well. Glad to hear it isn't! It's my last Stout left.

I think they call that "sun spots"
A part of the shade that covers the plants had a hole or tear.
Direct sunlight spot.

I could be wrong though.............

Spots are common on sun grown wrappers and do nothing to detract from the flavor. Remember the wrapper leaf is very delicate and can be bruised by something as simple as a steady pelting rain. The spots of water then act as lenses to focus sunlight on these points and slightly discolor the leaf.

Green spots on tobacco are genetic traits of Cuban origin tobacco, (Cuban or Cuban seed). Shouldnt effect the taste.

I've had that on some ISOMs too. I figured it was just some defect in the leaf. It didn't affect the taste.

MikeD said:
Green spots on tobacco are genetic traits of Cuban origin tobacco, (Cuban or Cuban seed). Shouldnt effect the taste.
[snapback]209679[/snapback]​

Sounds like "green spot" would tend to validate that a cigar is cuban?

Back