• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DON KIKI LIMITED RESERVE BROWN LABEL FIGURADO

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello All,

Thought I need to keep some type of a scorecard on my sticks. I hadn't realized the vast number of different cigars out there till I really started investigating my choices. To clarify, I have been smoking cigars for only a few months and certainly don't feel that I can "rate" a cigar as good or bad, I can only state my likes and dislikes.

That being said, I received one of the subject cigars with the purchase of my Humidor from Cuban Crafters. First impression was gee, that an odd looking cigar. It was nicely made, wrapper and cap where put together nicely. I just hadn't seen this particular style cigar before. I think, I've since learned that this style cigar is called a "Figurado", and it general shape is best described as a bit of a triangle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
CRIOLLO-CIGARS-FIGURADO-CIGAR.jpg

Up till now I'd smoked a bunch of gifted cigars that I can not recall their names, a couple of Cusano 18, and just recently tried my first Flor De Ybor City No. 85. So I only have those to compare to.

The first draw on this cigar was a bit stronger than any others I'd smoked, but not overwhelming. The interesting thing was as I drew into the largest area of the cigar, the flavors seemed to change. And by the time I'd finished this little cigar which seemed to last forever, I actually felt a bit light-headed. A first for me, perhaps it was because it was my first cigar of the day, or something else, I have no idea.

So my final evaluation criteria is broken into 5 levels, designated by stars, I know not the most elaborate but it works for me

*****(5). Order more now, and keep on hand.
****(4). Order some, when I want a little variety in the humidor.
***(3). I'd smoke it if it was handed to me.
**(2). Keep to give to moochers
*(1). Dog Rocket - Stay away from these.

So these I'd have to rate a 3 and a half. Interesting enough I'd like to have one every so often, and certainly I'd smoke one if it was handed to me.

Well there you have it...hope it wasn't too nonsensical.

the don kiki brown labels are a great cigar for the money, imho! :cool:

thanks for the review brew . . . really . . . i will give these a try if i see them this weekend. i really like your rating system too by the way. nice and easy. CA should switch ;) seriously though, i do like it

BrewMeister said:
Hello All,

Thought I need to keep some type of a scorecard on my sticks. I hadn't realized the vast number of different cigars out there till I really started investigating my choices. To clarify, I have been smoking cigars for only a few months and certainly don't feel that I can "rate" a cigar as good or bad, I can only state my likes and dislikes.

That being said, I received one of the subject cigars with the purchase of my Humidor from Cuban Crafters. First impression was gee, that an odd looking cigar. It was nicely made, wrapper and cap where put together nicely. I just hadn't seen this particular style cigar before. I think, I've since learned that this style cigar is called a "Figurado", and it general shape is best described as a bit of a triangle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
CRIOLLO-CIGARS-FIGURADO-CIGAR.jpg

Up till now I'd smoked a bunch of gifted cigars that I can not recall their names, a couple of Cusano 18, and just recently tried my first Flor De Ybor City No. 85. So I only have those to compare to.

The first draw on this cigar was a bit stronger than any others I'd smoked, but not overwhelming. The interesting thing was as I drew into the largest area of the cigar, the flavors seemed to change. And by the time I'd finished this little cigar which seemed to last forever, I actually felt a bit light-headed. A first for me, perhaps it was because it was my first cigar of the day, or something else, I have no idea.

So my final evaluation criteria is broken into 4 levels, designated by stars, I know not the most elaborate but it works for me

*****(5). Order more now, and keep on hand.
****(4). Order some, when I want a little variety in the humidor.
***(3). I'd smoke it if it was handed to me.
**(2). Keep to give to moochers
*(1). Dog Rocket - Stay away from these.

So these I'd have to rate a 3 and a half. Interesting enough I'd like to have one every so often, and certainly I'd smoke one if it was handed to me.

Well there you have it...hope it wasn't too nonsensical.
[snapback]212031[/snapback]​
I like your rating system. My first internet order was don Kiki Green label.
I liked them so maybe I will have to try the brown label.
Tonydogs ;)

Thanks Sack, Manix & TonyDogs,

Thanks for your comments. As a firm believer in the K.I.S.S philosophy, my rating system reflects those principles...
962.gif

I have also tried the Don Kiki Green labels and I actually preferred the Red Labels a little more. All of them are a good smoke for the money.

Good review.
I like this cigar myself.
It is one of my take to work smokes.