• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Postcard in the mail today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

Ultra Runner
Did anyone else get one of these, or am I the only lucky one? I can't imagine another vendor I do business with would have given this guy my address, so the only thing I can think of is that he sat down one day and went through all of our profiles to write down addresses.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but thought I would solicit opinions from everyone else who rec'd one.

Also, this guy is a site sponsor, but I doubt Rob (I mean Todd), or whatever his name is, has some long list of our addresses that he would give out.

I didn't receive one but I'm sure I'm not on KevinOWacter's Christmas card list either :laugh:

His prices for cigars I like are competitive but his public relation skills leave a lot to be desired so I won't be doing any business with him.

Oh well, his loss........

his public relation skills leave a lot to be desired so I won't be doing any business with him.

Agreed, in fact, if I had my addy stored here and I started getting spam like this at my home, I would take it down immediately.

He doesn't have those bubblegum cigars you like anyway. :p

coventrycat86 said:
I didn't receive one but I'm sure I'm not on KevinOWacter's Christmas card list either :laugh:

His prices for cigars I like are competitive but his public relation skills leave a lot to be desired so I won't be doing any business with him.

Oh well, his loss........
[snapback]216724[/snapback]​

I got it too.

If you're suspicious of who's using your profile address, add a fake middle initial. I do that with magazine subs and can tell who gave my address to whom. :thumbs:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ****!!!! I GOT THE SAME DAMN POST CARD TODAY AS WELL! I'VE NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE TO COMMUNICATING WITH HIM ON THIS OR ANY OTHER BB!!!

EVEN WORSE.....HE SENT THE FREAKIN' POSTCARD "POSTAGE DUE"!!!! SO NOW I GUESS I HAVE TO GIVE THE POSTMAN THE 26cents TO SATISFY THE POSTMASATER!!!!

WHO SEND A MARKETING ITEM POSTAGE DUE??????

DOES THE CIGAR HUMIDOR EXPECT ME TO ACTUALLY BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM?! THEY ALREADY SOLD ME THE FRIGGIN POSTCARD!!!!

A$$HOLE!

edited for spelling.....JERK!

Here you guys go. I have yet to receive the postcard but if I do I have ways of getting back.

Registrant: Kevin W Hoecker

Address: Kevin Hoecker
948 W. Madison St., Unit SE4
Chicago, IL 60607
US
Phone: 312-455-1778
Email: kevinhoecker@angeltomato.com

that's what i thought....just saw him read the thread for a few minutes....then duck out of here without posting.....what an a$$! at least own up to it! grow a set!

DevilsMilk said:
Bchem,

I doubt he will ever grow any.. :)
[snapback]217074[/snapback]​

figures....if he actually had a set he wouldn't have pulled such a punk-assed move in the first place

it's like he woke up one day and said, "hmmm....how many people can i piss off today and ensure that they will never buy anything from me ever?!"

the numbers are quickly growing jerkoff!

bchem said:
DevilsMilk said:
Bchem,

I doubt he will ever grow any.. :)
[snapback]217074[/snapback]​

figures....if he actually had a set he wouldn't have pulled such a punk-assed move in the first place

it's like he woke up one day and said, "hmmm....how many people can i piss off today and ensure that they will never buy anything from me ever?!"

the numbers are quickly growing jerkoff!
[snapback]217080[/snapback]​

And growing faster by the moment, I hate junkmail at my home more than spam and I normally find a way to get even. I too was wondering where he got the address from, but I guess that has been resolved.

Hey dip****, you might want to get a bigger mailbox!

is there something Rod, Bob, Rob, or whatever you guys are calling him these days could do :p :whistling: .....just a thought

I wish there was a way you could post your address in a central location or have a password on it or something...but that defeats the purpose of being surprised with explosions in your mailbox!

I just got one today! (Amazing in a way I can't even describe! Thanks alexgtp!) It would suck if you had to take the surprise element out of it because of jerks like this guy. There is always one person who ruins a good thing for everyone else. At least in elementary school there was. I thought we all grew out of that by the time we were old enough to buy cigars. I guess I was wrong.

I'll say it again....JERKOFF!

edited to say:

It sucks too that if this were to become a trend, newbies (like myself) might be hesitant to post an address in their profile for fear of junkmail. Unfortunately, they would then lose out on the excitment of getting a surprise in their mailbox like I have been lucky enough to go through. Oh well, I guess we have to take comfort in the fact that one person (aka kevin) can send out only so much junk mail to each of our addresses......HOWEVER.....it'll be a whole lot worse for him when ALL of us are sending **** to HIS mailbox!!! Betcha he'll think twice before doing that again!

I don't know the guy he did try to sell me a box of Royal Jamican Gold and gave an ok deal nothing that I would jump on. He then gave a good deal on a box of Zino Platnuim series but still not enough of a break to say ok.

In the guys defense there in nothing wrong with some direct marketing. IF your on this forum you like cigars, he sell cigars. I see nothing wrong with what he did except if he did not put postage on the mail. That is some cheap a$$ thing to do, and know one wants to do biz with a broke vendor.

Thats my take
Tonydogs ;)

TonyDogs said:
I don't know the guy he did try to sell me a box of Royal Jamican Gold and gave an ok deal nothing that I would jump on. He then gave a good deal on a box of Zino Platnuim series but still not enough of a break to say ok.

In the guys defense there in nothing wrong with some direct marketing. IF your on this forum you like cigars, he sell cigars. I see nothing wrong with what he did except if he did not put postage on the mail. That is some cheap a$$ thing to do, and know one wants to do biz with a broke vendor.

Thats my take
Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]217091[/snapback]​

Tony,

Grabbing everyones address and soliciting is against the law when I am on the do not send list. He is currently in direct violation of said law. If I had actually bought something from him then I would have no action. I would like to get our lawyer's opinion on this. In my opinion he is a scumbag and did everything wrong by stealing our addresses from this forum. Hey you like cigars and your on a computer. I will send you advertisement for a new computer and tech support. See now does that sound ok?

Sorry I just dont agree with him being a nice guy.

TonyDogs said:

Thats my take
Tonydogs ;)
[snapback]217091[/snapback]​

the postage thing isn't breaking my bank! it's just a matter of principle! (sp?)

I don't agree with you though. This is a site where everyone has each others private emails and home addresses in many cases for the purpose of exchanging cigars. NOT for marketing. IF I WANTED TO GET COUPONS FOR CIGARS, I'D GO SIGN UP AT THOMPSONS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! I don't believe that is the purpose of this site at all!

IMHO ;)

edited to add: oh yeah, what devilsmilk said too! i didn't even think about the legal aspects of it! :angry2:

I got one today also. If I wanted to be on his mail list I would have asked. I will never buy anything from this guy. His behavior is not acceptable.

haha...probably....

COME ON KEV!!!! THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE WORSE IT WILL GET!!!! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ANYTHING FROM BEING A MEMBER OF THIS SITE???!!!!

SAY SOMETHING! PROVE TO US THAT YOU REALLY ARE SHARPER THAN A SPOON!

bchem said:
haha...probably....

COME ON KEV!!!! THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE WORSE IT WILL GET!!!! HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED ANYTHING FROM BEING A MEMBER OF THIS SITE???!!!!

SAY SOMETHING! PROVE TO US THAT YOU REALLY ARE SHARPER THAN A SPOON!
[snapback]217098[/snapback]​

Yeah let us know you are a true SPORK!!

I have to agree with a few post above. I had no problem placing my addy here until this. I am not removing it just yet as I hope this is a rare happening. As far as getting our emails and address here from our profiles goes that is just LOW. I havn's seen any mailings from ANY of the other folks on here....including D&S Cigars which did send me a sampler and like 50 business cards in the box but no junk mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.