• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking indoors, air purifier?

Jan Primus

Anyone know an effective air purification or ventilation system that won't cost thousands?

Fresh Air by EcoQuest. I have one and it works great. The one I have works for a 2500 sq ft house and it cost around $400 on Ebay. Does cause a little bit of an ozone smell though.

I have the sharper imagine ionic breeze.
It more of a dust removal.

I have to smoke my sticks outside anyways.

TonyDogs said:
I have the sharper imagine ionic breeze.
It more of a dust removal.

I have to smoke my sticks outside anyways.
[snapback]217934[/snapback]​

Well, that's not an air purifier now then is it? More useless information from TonyDog. :rolleyes:

I have a Honeywell hepafilter and I think it works pretty well. Non-smokers with super sensitive noses can still tell that I smoke in the basement but most people can't.

atuck said:
Fresh Air by EcoQuest. I have one and it works great. The one I have works for a 2500 sq ft house and it cost around $400 on Ebay. Does cause a little bit of an ozone smell though.
[snapback]217858[/snapback]​

Ditto, the Fresh Aire is the only system that I've tried that actually removes all the odor. Hit the sanitize button and in a couple hours is smells like you just walked into an indoor swimming pool. I really like this thing, thinking of buying a second one. They are just too expensive, I guess I'll have to sharpen my sniping skills. :D

Febreeze Scent Stories in my one bedroom apartment. They go for like 2 1/2 hours and release 5 different smells. I smoke all the time and nobody can tell. I don't know how they'd work in a bigger enviroment though

I am currently building a smoking room onto the back of the house. I will have a ventilation system in it that turns the air over once every 9 minutes. Total cost on the ventilation fan was around $105. There is some installation, but can be done pretty easily. It is also very quiet.

I will also be using a Csonka ozone air purifier. No filters, never needs to be cleaned. I have used HEPA filters in air cleaners and found that they just don't do the job. We use Csonkas in the house, we have 4 dogs, no dog smell. I used Csonkas in my apartment and smoke there. After 24 hours, you couldn't tell at all. There is some ozone smell. The small Csonka costs around $170, the middle $220, and the big one $320. I love'em. :love:

When you smoke indoors, you have two issues. One is while you are smoking. Most people don't want the smoke so thick that they can't breath, thus, the ventilation. The vent fan is purely to pull the smoke out of the room. The second issue is the stale smoke smell. Enter the Csonka...knocks it out in no time flat.

This is the best combination that I have found.

Any CP'ers ever tried an Air Zone unit? These look like a possibility. Good warranty, no middle man.

Opinions?

Does anyone have the Biozone? I really need to get an air purifier for two reason's: 1.) Remove cigar smoke/odor from house and 2.) I live in the foothills near mountains and get a lot of dust in my house. Will this remove cigar smell as well as remove dust? Looking for someone who has personal experience with this device.

ionic breeze looked like a good investment at the time cause it looked good on those tv commercials.

then i saw the review on consumer reports. ugh.
if you guys look at the last issue or 2 of consumer reports, there's a good air purifier review.

i always wondered about the orick purifiers that they show on tv. i'm a huge infomercial junkie

the ecoquest site looks like an ad to develop a home-based business. ("Can I tell you about Amway!?!?!? :angry2: )

Couldn't find any info on pricing or ordering unless I was a "dealer".

Too bad, the in-duct product looked pretty good. So did the AirZone 2000, but at $650???

Gotta do something myself, though, the MIL and SIL upstairs are complaining they "can't breathe". :(