• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cellophane Wrappers

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I have several cigars in my humidor which are somewhat expensive and I want to protect them. They all have cellophane wrappers on them and I was wondering if the humidity in the humidor can get to them when they are wrapped like that? It does not appear that it can but who knows. Should I just remove the wrappers and let them get the air and humidity that they need? Thanks guys!!!

This has already been discussed on numerous occasions.
Use the search button, it is your friend. :thumbs:

Thanks for the information.... I tried using the search and kept coming across things that I was not looking for... I probably didn't use the proper search terms though... Thanks again for the help.

Shiba,

To answer your question. The Cello wrapper on cigars are porous and therefore will allow your cigars the proper care they need. Do not take them out if you want to protect them from handling and shipping. If you like the naked look that will be fine too. Its a personal preference to most but just remember that the Cello is ok to leave on.

The only reason I take the wrappers off is because I much prefer the look of my humi full of naked beauties just starting right back at me. :p

Shiba said:
Thanks for the information.... I tried using the search and kept coming across things that I was not looking for... I probably didn't use the proper search terms though... Thanks again for the help.
[snapback]232006[/snapback]​
Here, this ought to help:

Cheers!
- C

SamClemmons said:
Okay newbie wankers. In the interest of you edification I would like to say this. THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE ON THIS SITE. IT IS HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE SO AT LEAST A COUPLE OF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT.
The following threads were found with a simple "cello on" search.
Don't make me be mean to you.

NA

thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4 (joke)

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7
[snapback]168747[/snapback]​

LOL.... Thanks a million guys... The links are excellent as always. :)

Blue Dragon said:
Shiba said:

Cheers!
- C

SamClemmons said:
Okay newbie wankers. In the interest of you edification I would like to say this. THERE IS A SEARCH FEATURE ON THIS SITE. IT IS HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE SO AT LEAST A COUPLE OF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT.

NA

thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4 (joke)

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7
[snapback]232044[/snapback]​

"so, are you Japanes, or Chinese?" Hank Hill :D

hornetguy said:
Blue Dragon said:
Shiba said:

Cheers!
- C

SamClemmons said:

NA

thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4 (joke)

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7
[snapback]232044[/snapback]​

"so, are you Japanes, or Chinese?" Hank Hill :D
[snapback]232160[/snapback]​
I'm an AmeriCAN not an AmeriCAN'T. BTW, it is spelled "Japanese".

The post that I liked best out of those links was the compromise. Can't remember off the top of my head who posted it, but one gent said he clipped the ends of the cello wrappers so the 'gars would breath better but still offer some protection.

I haven't decided which route I prefer, so I will just leave them as they show up at this point.

Cheers,
- C

Hi, Shiba! One particular brand of cigars that I have purchased comes cellophaned, and in a cedar chest. The cigars do nicely just as is. Regards, knightlaird