• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Short Story

SabresFan

I picked a couple of these up on a recent trip to a local Indian Reservation for gas and a look at there humidor selection. Priced nicely at $3.56/ stick I couldn't refuse as I've never had an Arturo Fuente stick that didn't say "it's a boy" on it. My palate isn't refined or experienced enough to give you a professional review, but WOW what a great smoke it was! I was surprised at how long this little guy burned as well, I wasn't watching the clock while I enjoyed it but I'd say it burned for a full 40-45 minutes which is very deceiving considering its small stature.

Shortly after smoking this I made a return trip and bought several more. This gas station/ discount tobacco store also carries Hemmingway classics, how are these compared to the short stories? They seem to be very reasonably priced as well at $6/ stick.

Well thanks for listening and have fun!!!

the short story is its own unique expierience,the signsture and such are blended the same but just dont have the same profile really in my opinion.
the signatures are great smokes dont get me wrong its just not gonna be like a "long" short story :D

Thanks for the review. The Short Story is one of my favorite quickie smokes from Fuente. And not a bad price either. Out here they are about 5 bucks ???

I've had a couple of the Signatures, and I liked them quite a bit better than the one Short Story I had at lunch one day. Very nice smoke.

AF Short Stories have been one of my go-to's when I don't have the time I'd like to sit and enjoy a cigar. These taste great right out of the box but if you can let them sit for 3 - 6 months, they get even better! The first Hemingway I had was the signature, and it made me an instant fan -- nice taste profile, even burn, no complaints. I do agree these taste a little different than the smaller guys. If you can find them, I recommend the Best Sellers and the Work of Arts -- similar to Short Stories, but the extra width and length expand the depth of flavors just a tad. If you can get SS's for less than $4 a stick, I'd say buy as many as you can! I have a Classic in the humi, just haven't got around to smoking it. But really, you can't go wrong with any Hemingway. :D

I like the Short Story cuz it's just that -- short! It's a great smoke when I don't have a lot of time, or when it's colder'n heck outside on the porch.

I probably wouldn't smoke 'em when time is not an issue. It would leave me wanting another one. :D

I like the Short Story cuz it's just that -- short! It's a great smoke when I don't have a lot of time, or when it's colder'n heck outside on the porch.

Weather is getting colder each day here, guess I'm lucky I found these when I did.

Thanks for all the great feedback!

The Short Story is a great cigar. Where did you get them from?

A discount tobacco shop/ gas station on an Indian Reservation close by to where I live.

I'm from WNY too; I was wondering which reservation and shop you got them from since that's a great price.

I'm from WNY too; I was wondering which reservation and shop you got them from since that's a great price.

I got these in Cuba, NY. Not sure the exact name of it sorry. It's of the lake on the south shore. If this is close to you and you need directions let me know.

The Short Story is indeed a great smoke. I always keep a stash in my humidor for those times when I only have about 20 minutes to smoke. They're a great choice for a lunchtime smoke or when walking the dogs. I also enjoy the CAO Criollo Pampa. That's another great quick smoke.

Great King Rat said:
The one I had tasted like a rolled up towel. I should try another.
[snapback]244765[/snapback]​

You ABSOULTELY should try another. I have about a box and a half of the SS's, and LOVE them. I had been buying singles for a while, and found a decent deal on a box, so I picked it up. THe oldest ones in the humi have about a year on them, and they smoke so good, it's crazy that it was a 4 dollar stick....age does them wonders. They are good out of the box, GREAT with age.
Can you tell I'm a fan? They are my favorite NC short smoke by a LONG ways, and also one of my favorite less expensive smokes, regardless of size.

I would agree, they are a great short smoke.
Let it rest in your humidor for a week or two and you will find it to be a very good smoke.

Thanks for the review Sabresfan,

I've never been partial to the Fuente stuff (I know, I'm probably the only deviant in America who feels this way) but I'm always up to give them another chance.

Consider this put on the "to buy" list. :)

Wilkey

I got one from my brother (pagehouse) a while back and was blown away. I was amazed at the taste. I have loaded up on them whenever I can find them.

Smoked many of these fine cigars. Where I used to buy my cigars in Nebraska, the owner used to stash these for select customers and i would get one or two every couple of months. Now being in Missouri, a guy that does the Maintenance work at the complex isnt really into cigars, but enjoys them now after he has bought some from me. One trip to KC, he said pick up some cigars and only wanted to spend $15 so this made it into the selection. It stayed in the humidor for about 2 months before he smoked it on a tour ship to Alaska. He loved it. Cant go wrong with this one.