• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whens the last time you smoked yourself sick?

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Almost happened to me yesterday evening...

Was feeling under the weather all day Monday (fever, shakes and chills), but other than not having an appetite yesterday I was feeling ok enough to smoke a cigar when I got home from the computer show (most importantly my sinuses were clear).

I must remind myself never to smoke a strong cigar on an empty stomach again.

I smoked the Ashton VSG Ekans sent me and was feeling dizzy before it was halfway done... but I perservered and smoked it to a nub :p

BIG MISTAKE lol

I wasn't able to stand back up without feeling like hurling, my wife told me I was a nice martian green and brought me a glass of water and a sandwich. After eating I felt a lot better, and was able to get out of my chair.

Last time I felt this bad after a cigar was when I was teenager and inhaled a Phillie's Titan like I was smoking a cigarette :p

Wurm said:
Almost happened to me yesterday evening...

Was feeling under the weather all day Monday (fever, shakes and chills), but other than not having an appetite yesterday I was feeling ok enough to smoke a cigar when I got home from the computer show (most importantly my sinuses were clear).

I must remind myself never to smoke a strong cigar on an empty stomach again.

I smoked the Ashton VSG Ekans sent me and was feeling dizzy before it was halfway done... but I perservered and smoked it to a nub :p

BIG MISTAKE lol

I wasn't able to stand back up without feeling like hurling, my wife told me I was a nice martian green and brought me a glass of water and a sandwich. After eating I felt a lot better, and was able to get out of my chair.

Last time I felt this bad after a cigar was when I was teenager and inhaled a Phillie's Titan like I was smoking a cigarette :p
[snapback]241916[/snapback]​

Eating definitely helps! I had my first Anejo Shark on an empty stomach on a road trip...I felt like I was gonna hurl but suppressed the urge with sun chips.

Hope you feel better man! Lucky your wife was around to make you a sammich :p

Guitar_Gatler said:
Eating definitely helps! I had my first Anejo Shark on an empty stomach on a road trip...I felt like I was gonna hurl but suppressed the urge with sun chips.

Hope you feel better man! Lucky your wife was around to make you a sammich :p
[snapback]241917[/snapback]​

yeah lol after she got done laughing at my skin tone...

I smoked an Opus X the other day while fishing in a small boat on the reef where the water was slightly choppy. It was only around 10 in the morning, I had only had a light breakfast, and during the course of that smoke I caught a couple fish that were real fighters, so while trying to get the fish in, I ended up inhaling quite a bit of that cigar by mistake. Nevertheless I was feeling a little bit lightheaded and green after all that. Luckily we had some cokes and snacks on the boat that helped.

Last week I smoked a LGC series R churchill, this thing was huge looked like a Louisville Slugger bat, at a poker tourny. I didn't have anything to eat for about 6 hours as I got home from work with barely enough time to make it to the tourny. Stupid me fired it up without thinking and smoked it down to about 1/2 inch. About a 1/2 hour after completion it hit me like a truck. Had the shakes and felt sick. Luckily for me by the time I finsished this towards the end of the tourny and ended up cashing. I'll make sure I eat before trying this again.

I got a huge nicotine buzz from a La Gloria Cubana too, felt dizzy and hungover. I don't remember exactly what it was, it had a very dark maduro wrapper. It was early in my cigar smoking "career", and I smoked that strong puppy on an empty stomach.

Just about every time I smoke an Opus, I get behind a bit, but usually manage to even it out.

It was my first box purchase, back in the mid-90's. Some LGC Double Coronas. I decided I was gonna smoke one all the way down. All I can remember now is the dizziness I felt after accidentally inhaling a puff or two. Green? I'm sure I was.

More recently, I tried to smoke a Torano Exodus while still recovering from a cold. Bad idea. It set my bronchial recovery back 4-5 days.

Wilkey

My 1st Opus had me feeling sick as well. Dint care for the Gar much plus made me feel sick. we'll see but im sure ill try again.

D

First time I got sick I was smoking and drinking whiskey, then I just switched to vodka and the tummy said, "You're out!".

Last time I'd just got done with a nice meal and an Opus Super Beli (pretty fresh) and had a good head buzz, when the girlfriend went racing down some crazy roads. I tossed cookies. :(

I tend to smoke myself sick quite often as ive still not discovered that you need to OPEN A WINDOW when smoking indoors. My wife opened the door to my smoking/computer/gun room and thought the house was on fire.

"Just trying to get the full effect honey" :laugh:

About 7 months ago, when i had my first Party Short, I had an empty stomach and smoke it straight (nothing to drink), I thought well this one is small, but a few minutes after i finished it, i began to feel the cigar sickness. Damn apparently in cuban cigars the smaller the Gauge the stronger the cigar, At least in my experience :p .

Jeffro600 said:
"Just trying to get the full effect honey" :laugh:
[snapback]242277[/snapback]​

:laugh: :thumbs: Too funny!

Back in the spring I smoked a Felipe Gregorio Fat Boy (blue lable) on an empty stomach... that lil sonsabish kicked me to bed to take a nappy.

Almost happened to me yesterday. I was hankering for one of my ISOMs (Partagas short). My stomach was partially empty and I sat right down with glass of water and my smoke. Smoked that Partagas right to the nub and felt that odd feeling in the lower part of my throat and in my stomach. Stomach muscles tightened but after a little bit of time nothing happened and it went away on its own. When I went to stand up I was still a bit dizzy. That cigar kicked but thankfully I made it out with losing my lunch!

Darren :D

One time back in 1999 I was smoking a 1998 Vegeuro 1. These had just come out and I actually caught a little buzz from it. I've never gotten sick from a cigar, but then again I smoke 4-6 a day and have done so for quite some time.

My Dad would get Dutch Masters from friends and relatives. He would keep them in the fridge and one year we thought it was time to try one for our selves. I puked, my two older brothers puked and our friend. Even though we kept it up for a couple of rounds then trashed it.