• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas "A" Artisan

Jeffro600

I got a 10 pack of these a couple weeks ago from CI and have been itching to try these out....after smoking a few of them now,i must say, for the money, they do impress!!

Construction: Freakin FLAWLESS!! I wouldnt hesitate for one second to say the construction on these are that of super premiums and maybe even a little nicer. At 5.0 X 52, its a typical sided robusto. Almost no veins despite being a DARK chocolatly maduro. The label is pretty large, but attractive...almost reminds me of a willie wonka "golden ticket"...lots of gold and black and done fairly classy. The cap was so carefully applied that there was almost no visable seam and it flowed right into the rest of the cigar like some sort of swiss design.

Prelight: Lots of cedar flavor and a little peppery. Most maduros ive had have always never really been spicey on the prelight draw and are usually sweet, but this one had a good bite to it.

Light and first impressions: I dont use a punch cutter that often, but have been using one frequently lately so i put it to it and exposed a good draw...perhaps a tiny bit on the heavy side but not enough to have to put your suckerfish face on. Toasted the foot with my torch and started puffin away. My first thoughts on it are pretty mild for a maduro...not nearly as sweet and chocolaty as most, but still, very smooth with no bitter tastes or harshness at all and it did hang on to a little bit of the cedar from the prelight. LOTS of thick creamy smoke from this bad boy!

On down the line: The halfway mark, things got interesting. It took a complete turn from its beginning...lots of chocolate, sweet with a little bit of a almond finish. Very tasty, very smooth and VERY enjoyable. The first ash didnt fall off till the cigar was nearly at the halfway point despite me being a little bit active while smoking it. A nice light grey and very solid ash was produced that was a little flakey in a couple spots. The draw only got better as the cigar continued to burn. At the halfway point, it was what i would consider the "perfect" draw...just enough to ever so gently put it to your lips and puff lightly. Burn was mostly even all the way to the 1" mark where i let it die...had one spot that started to slow, but corrected it self eventually.

Overall, for the price of these, about 2.50-3 bucks a stick, they are FANTASTIC!! IMO, they put alot of 10-15 dollar cigars to shame not only in taste, but construction and smoking qualities. I would give this a solid 90+ for a rating! These are a MUST try for anyone who loves DARK maduros!

Jeffro:

I agree ! These cigars are a great value. I smoked one with Cohibasurfer
the other night while watching Monday Night Football and we were both
impressed. His comment was that this cigar would probably age well. We'll
see: I picked up two boxes on CB and they're resting in my igloodor. I'll
crack one open in a year and see what they're like. :D

Love the 5 Vegas series A's. I've had a few of them and to me they are very similar to Partagas Black Label, just not as full bodied and a bit cheaper.

Nice review! Very close to the observations I've had with this smoke. If anyone enjoys dark wrappered smokes this is a must try, you won't be disappointed.

I also must say that for the price tag ($3 a stick! :0 ) they are truly an enjoyable smoke.

One of my goto sticks for sure and the best 5vegas cigar I have tried.

I also have a few of the 5 Vegas Limitada '05 in my Humi, a good strong smoke if your a fan of Sungrown wrappers.

The price is good on the 'A's and if you order a box right now CI is having a 8 5vegas cigar sampler freebie offer that will let you try all the other cigars in the 5vegas line.

Nice review! :thumbs:

Wurm said:
The price is good on the 'A's and if you order a box right now CI is having a 8 5vegas cigar sampler freebie offer that will let you try all the other cigars in the 5vegas line.
[snapback]263280[/snapback]​

Thats what shocked me about the "A"'s...ive NEVER had a 5 vegas that ive liked except for the "A"'s...most of them that i had were either WAY too mild for my likings, or just tasted like crap.

Wish i would have bought more when they had those bundles on sale... :whistling:

Jeffro600,

LMAO!!! at your sig-tag! I got a good chuckle out of that.

Carlton, he's one smoove dude. :D

Sorry. No intent meant to derail this thread. I just had to comment on the sig-tag. :D

Jeffro600 said:
Wurm said:
[snapback]263280[/snapback]​

Thats what shocked me about the "A"'s...ive NEVER had a 5 vegas that ive liked except for the "A"'s...most of them that i had were either WAY too mild for my likings, or just tasted like crap.

Wish i would have bought more when they had those bundles on sale... :whistling:
[snapback]263451[/snapback]​

Double D likes the golds because they are mild, I like the 'A's most of all. The golds are too mild and reds are nasty IMO, the Limitada's are good cigars but there is better out there for the same price.