• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake ISOM factory

Interesting Video. I guess the price on glass top cohiba's just went up...damn!

It looks like ricmac25 will have to get his Cuban ceegars elsewhere now......... :D :sign: :p :thumbs: :D

J/K Ricardo, hope all is well and you are enjoying the holiday season........ :cool:

Um...I'm gonna be off the boards for awhile, I just lost my job.

Damn cops.

I was watching this last night amidst some audio editing-
It seems like they were using the postal service to propagate their phillies out to unsuspecting / uneducated consumers-
hmph- You have to wonder if anyone on the board actually has purchased from this network of counterfeits? It is said that the duplicates were really well made at that !

Details and Listing of those Arrested

In America we are all innocent until proven guilty and I have taken the liberty of posting PUBLIC INFORMATION- anyone with an IQ of 67 can find this stuff- GOT TO LOVE THE FIA-

In a crossreference search of the names I found that Mr. Penton is a Corporate Officer ( ahem! owner!) of American Humidor and he has been in the biz since 1997--eeesh!! You have to wonder how many fake boxes he made.. ??? ???

* Mrs. Georgina Pacheco is owner and registered agent for Makay Cigars

*Mr. Lauro Perez is the proud owner of L.P. Cigars in Miami!

And the busiest of all is....

*Mr Filliberto Marimon list is as follows

, MIAMI CIGAR FACTORY USA, INC.
,MARIMON CORPORATION
,I.C.M. INTERNATIONAL, CORP.
,PUROS REALES, INC.
,MAPEDOR TOBACCO CORPORATION
,LA CASA DEL TABACO, INC.
,FLOR CUBANA ENTERPRISE, INC. ( Different FEIN NUMBERS)
,FLOR CUBANA ENTERPRISE, INC.

Hope this doesn't start something it wasn't intended to-
I just hate the thought of giving away hard earned cash to buy a premium to get who knows- :angry: :angry:

It amazes me the size of this operation. I use to work in investigating trademark/copyright infringements, and i know true holders of brand names/trademarks will prosecute even minor offences. I think this will be a big issue, in cigars to come. Right now, its China that is the culprit, complete and blatent disregard to north american, and international patents. The tobacco issue is this: Cuba will be free (hopefully non-dictatorship) one day, and so many TM to protect. What a mess that will be!

did ya all get a look at those reams of Bolivar lables? Those were exact duplicates of the originals.

If this doesn't make you think about who you buy your Cubans from nothing will. :angry:

Rich

Dayuuum now where am I going to buy cuban cigars in america.?

Kinda weird to watch that report, and hear the cop say that they are working so hard to stamp out the fake Cuban cigar market.

And they said $20 million of goods were seized. That is a hell of an operation...

ALostTexan

It appears to be a growth industry. :0
What's funny is they are getting them for copy right infrigement. I wonder what's going to happen when Castro dies and we have two competitors with the same name? Will it be something like Coke & Classic Coke :p

You wouldn't believe the amount of fake Cubans that are being sold in the Dominican Republic. They have a factory there that is pumping out hundreds of thousand fake Cubans. Every single store that I went into is selling them. Jewelry, clothing, food and liquor stores all carry them.

The Master said:
You wouldn't believe the amount of fake Cubans that are being sold in the Dominican Republic. They have a factory there that is pumping out hundreds of thousand fake Cubans. Every single store that I went into is selling them. Jewelry, clothing, food and liquor stores all carry them.
[snapback]264323[/snapback]​

This seems to be everywhere in the islands. In the past year I've been to Jamaica, Belize and Bahamas, and it seemed like every other shop advertised that they sell "Authentic Cuban Cigars". Most were easy to spot as fake since they were the usual glass top Cohibas. Others looked pretty good, but then just think about the situation. How does Joe Blow's t-shirt shop get set up with an account to sell real cigars? The best outfits usually have their sign indicating that they sell cuban cigars made out of some cardboard torn from a large box and written on with a large sharpie, then taped to the door.

The Master said:

Cabo's the same way. I didn't even trust the ones in the hotel.

The Master said:

It's not surprising really... the American tourists who predominate the tourist industry in the Caribbean have the perfect combination of money, inexperience with the real product, and the lure of the "forbidden fruit."

While I'm glad they busted these chumps, you know 100 more a ready to take their place. There's too much money to be made.

That video is proof of the reason why newbs shouldn't do group buys on ISOM's.

ok...am i the only one who noticed how hot the female anchor was at the beginning of the story?

it's pure capitalism, there is a disconnect between legit cuban cigar prices and the actual cost to produce them. When a cuban cigar sells for $20 and a padron (amazing quality) sells for $4; it gives people with means a huge opportunity for profits.

It's the same reason why people counterfeit movies, music etc.