• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MRN...

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
I got my MRN in the mail yesterday and have only one comment; it is pure evil.

I think it will take exceptional will-power not to spend every last dime I have now...

Have you laminated the pages to prevent drool'age yet? .... you will. :p

It is an excellent source to learn from!!! I am not sure how I lived without it all this time!! :)

While it is a very good source for seeing all of the different types of cigars in production and out, it is not the bible. Remember it is just one guy's opinion and his tastes are very different from yours and mines. On some cigars I agree with his assessments but there are just as many where I don't agree. I have witnessed a phenomenan where people are quoting Min and using his reviews as their own.

I agree with both Patrick and Harris. On one hand, the to scale, full color pictures of the cigars just makes you want them - who cares what he says about them. It's also fun to read about the history of each brand, discontinued vitolas, etc.

That said, I don't read too much into his reviews. As Harris said, it's just one person's opinion. I know my tastes are different than Patrick's and Min Ron's. lol

At any rate, I could never pass off his reviews as my own - I don't even know what some of the flavors he says he picks up would even taste like. :sign:

I agree fabulous reference, but not necessarily the bible. Tons of good info in there.

I like the book for its history and references. But do not take the reviews to seriously. I have my own tastes. And I have fun finding what I like and don't like on my own.

It looks like a big book - is it heavy? Heavy enough to keep the lid closed on a humidor that leaks humidity?

:whistling:

I like it for the purdy scale pictures of damn near every Havana ever made.

This book is worth every penny! Reviews are opinons anyway. Just like a$$holes everyone has one.

Bump an old thread.

Been looking for one, how might this novice aquire such a collector's item? Not neccessarily looking to get it now, but it'd be nice to have the information for a later purchase.

Bump an old thread.

Been looking for one, how might this novice aquire such a collector's item? Not neccessarily looking to get it now, but it'd be nice to have the information for a later purchase.

x2

Ask and ye shall get a LINK

(be sure to select USA shipping - this place is in UK)

Definitely a must have IMHO. The damn thing weighs a ton and I used it to even help as weight on the CFCF 2005 box as it dried out. Thanks to a generous BOTL, I received this book as a nice surprise. :thumbs:

They don't have it all the time. Ebay has it sometimes also.