• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wife surprised me with a CAO Humidor

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
With a "Ta-Da", I opened my eyes to see this really neat looking (IMHO) CAO Humidor, one that I had seen at our local shop, and my wife says that it's an early Valentines Day gift. I don't know much about it, couldn't find info on CAO's site. It looks like it'll hold close to 300 sticks, has 4 deep drawers, beauiful (what I would call) zebra stripe veneer. He even threw in a CAO X2 hat.

Now, I went back and picked up 4 jars of Madelaine's Crystal Clear crystals and a Little Havana Digital hygrometer, left it closed for 7 days, and it's still not even up to 57%. Shop calibrated the hygrometer.

I stopped in the shop today, and told them the problem, wanting to know if I just needed more jars. The owner called someone with CAO, and they suggested one of the battery operated humidifiers. So I've been looking at the Oasis XL.

Anyone have any idea how many cigars this humidor holds, and if the Oasis is the way to go and a good investment?

I hope these pictures show up!!

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

Not familiar with that humidor, but I would buy some of Viper's beads to humidify it. They come in 70%, 65% and even 60% RH now. No need for anything else. :cool:

Yeah what he said. Get some beads and save your money for cigars.
-D

I've been reading different threads where those were mentioned. They'll do the trick you think? Gotta be cheaper that $119 for the Oasis!

I just recieved the CAO CX2 humidor, good stuff. I really like yours, too big for my little allowed area in the house for cigars. :(

She's a beauty! Definitely get some beads to compliment the crystals. They are amazing at maintaining a steady RH. I recommend the 65% though I'm moving to the new 60% myself :cool:

Awesome...... Congratulations....... she is a keeper (the wife)

Now get over to the Newbie Sampler Thread and fill that baby up !!!!!!

definitely get some beads...... 65% is the way to go.... contact Viper he will guide you as to how much ya need......

Take a couple of damp towels, and place them on top of a plastic bag in each drawer, along with the jars. Your RH will shoot up much quicker!

Emo

That is one freakin sweet humidor! I personally am jealous.

Like the popular opinion states...get the Heartfelt Beads. This is his homepage.

Wow, very nice. Great wife!
Id say it holds at least 300. Those trays are pretty deep.
Congrats, now you have an excuse to buy more cigars..."well honey it works better if its full!"

That's a beautiful humidor. I think you got it right saying it has a zebra stripe. It looks like a type of zebrawood. It's quite rare and very hard to work with. You need to buy some more cigars to fill it up and show your wife how much you appreciate your new gift.

lucasbuck said:
She's a beauty! Definitely get some beads to compliment the crystals. They are amazing at maintaining a steady RH. I recommend the 65% though I'm moving to the new 60% myself :cool:
[snapback]284581[/snapback]​

Yup, I think I'm leaning that way! Just read Vipers FAQ thread!

The 65% it is!!

centurycigar said:
Wow, very nice. Great wife!
Id say it holds at least 300. Those trays are pretty deep.
Congrats, now you have an excuse to buy more cigars..."well honey it works better if its full!"
[snapback]284604[/snapback]​

Shes in a good mood, just dropped alot of $'s on her special 40th B-Day diamond necklace Tuesdsay, so I'll be shopping tomrrow! :D

I don't know what the best way to humidify that humidor is, but it is really nice. I thought you were referring to the CAO black zebra humidor when I saw this topic, but this one looks a lot classier.

Thats one of the prettiest humidors I have seen in a long time! Congrats. :thumbs:

I noticed the stand of firewood next to it, how far away from the fireplace is it?

You might want to move it if its too close. Fireplace heat is known to warp humid wood. And heat is bad for cigars :)

Wurm said:
Thats one of the prettiest humidors I have seen in a long time! Congrats. :thumbs:

I noticed the stand of firewood next to it, how far away from the fireplace is it?

You might want to move it if its too close. Fireplace heat is known to warp humid wood. And heat is bad for cigars :)
[snapback]284649[/snapback]​

Hey Wurm, no I moved it there against the light colored wall so it would show up in the pic, since the wood is so dark. I keep it in my office, but I have dark walls in here, too!

It's been so nice here the last couple of days, 58-65 degrees, hadn't needed it! Helped my heating bill :laugh:

But supposed to be in the 20's starting tonight :angry:

viper139 said:
That lady is a keeper......
[snapback]284707[/snapback]​
I know it!!

I just order the 65% 4oz from you!!

Can't wait!!! :D