• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stick Storage

wasy

When storing sticks in the humidor should I remove them from their wrapper?

wasy said:
[snapback]286981[/snapback]​

Search is your friend in this situation...

But basically it is arguably your own personal preference on weather you want to store it in the celophane or not...

wasy said:
[snapback]286981[/snapback]​
In my opinion (which only matters to me), cello off in the soon to be smoked rotation (let them soak up that cedar taste/smell) and cello on for long term storage.

For me, soon to be smoked = smoked within 1 month.

Good question, that has been asked here and debated many times...
to mention a few...personally I leave them on ??? ??? .

Hope that helps.

BrewMeister said:

Hope that helps.

[snapback]287094[/snapback]​

ROFLMAO............. very good BM.... I thought of doing that myself....

I leave the cello on.... helps protect them if I take some with me

How would you like it if someone removed your clothing and threw you in a dark, damp dungeon?

I mean, it seems like some folks prefer to leave the cello on.

Gonz said:
How would you like it if someone removed your clothing and threw you in a dark, damp dungeon?

I mean, it seems like some folks prefer to leave the cello on.
[snapback]287097[/snapback]​

Now are talking a dungeon with opposite sex sticks? Or same sex sticks? or no other sticks at all? :sign:

Long term storage- always off- short term I open the end of the cello to let the cigar breathe, and then it is protected for the trip. Cigars tend to age more slowly with the cello on.

syrinx said:
Long term storage- always off- short term I open the end of the cello to let the cigar breathe, and then it is protected for the trip. Cigars tend to age more slowly with the cello on.
[snapback]287307[/snapback]​

Cello is Porous so opening the ends will help a little but those puppies will breath otherwise with the flap tucked away.

BkCloud114 said:
BrewMeister said:

Hope that helps.

[snapback]287094[/snapback]​

ROFLMAO............. very good BM.... I thought of doing that myself....

I leave the cello on.... helps protect them if I take some with me
[snapback]287096[/snapback]​

haha! he called you "BM"!!! :laugh: :laugh: :p speaking of...I am gonna go take one! :p ...sorry, it's been a long day and I've reverted back to my 3rd grade sense of humor! ;)

So as to not jack this thread...I leave them in the cello....but it basically comes down to the elevation you live at and whether or not you salt test your hygrometer!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

bchem said:
So as to not jack this thread...I leave them in the cello....but it basically comes down to the elevation you live at and whether or not you salt test your hygrometer!!!

Do you salt test in your humi or take the hygrometer out? I dont see where the cello would matter whether or not you salt test. Elevation is a new one, what are the affects of elevation on the humidity level? I am at sea level for instance.

Thanks,

Brad

Yeah, that past post was a VERY feeble attempt at being facetious. I was busting on the whole BillClinton thread. For the record, I don't know of any significant differences in RH due to elevation, and to salt test a hygro, one needs to do it in a small enclosed environment (like a double bagged ziploc.) Sorr for the confusion. :blush: