• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje el Cohote review

moki

el Presidente
Tatuaje el Cohote (4" x 50)

tatuaje_el_cohete.jpg

In continuing with Tatuaje's recent trend of making custom vitolas/blends for vendors, el Cohote (which means "the rocket" in Spanish) is a sawed-off Robusto that was made for another vendor. I don't know what quantity will be made, or when they will be on sale, but the blend is similar to the Tatuaje Unico or Regio... so if you like those cigars, you will invariably like the Cohote.

I'm not usually a fan of shorter cigars, but the Cohete packs an awful lot of taste into a small package. The viso wrapper is a nice oily dark brown, and as is the case with all of Tatuaje's stuff, it's expertly crafted.

The cigar itself is medium bodied, again with a taste profile similar to other blends in Tatuaje's regular line. It had a slightly bitter spice to it in the beginning, which makes me think it's a touch young yet, but developed into an extremely tasty Tatuaje about an inch into smoking it.

The cigar delivers a nice mix of tastes, and would be perfect for someone who likes the Tatuaje flavor profile, but is interested in a shorter smoke. The finish was extremely nice, shaking off the hints of youth, and delivering a light, bittersweet flavor profile, with hints of burnt cedar.

Nice review Moki! Thanks for keeping us Tatuaje nuts informed. They are a bit short and fat for my tastes but I bet they are excellent.

Nice review! This looks like another winner from Tatuaje. I'll be keeping my eyes open for them.

Pyre said:
Nice review! This looks like another winner from Tatuaje. I'll be keeping my eyes open for them.
[snapback]290632[/snapback]​

If you want a shorter Regio, this is your thing. I still prefer the Cojonu as the stand out of their lines to my taste buds.

I have 10 Regios coming to me soon.
This review gets me anxious to try them out.