• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What havent I been smoking?

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Ok all...I'm back after dropping some cash flow in my favorite B&M. After spending 18 hours in the shop since Tuesday, I will give you a taste of what all Mr Peat smoked.

On the way down, I started with a Padron 1926 #35. This stick lasted me exactly 60 miles before I had to toss it. I arrive at the shop and drooled at the sticks that lay before me. I started with a Tatueje A. Nummer, nummer...I then slowly worked on a Padron 1964 Torpedo Maddie. Now my mouth is dying for some more smoke so I broke down and smoked a Zino Platinum Crown Barrel. Followed that one up with a DCM Pyramid #3. Absolutely beautiful. I also had a Don Lino Africa cigar which I forgot what it was since my good friend OpusXKC finally showed up after work and we painted the town with some of his other friends. What a night...I capped it off with a CAO 65th which had a couple years of age on it. Absolutely a beautiful stick. That was one way to end the night. I had a couple of other sticks but its a blur. It was 12 straight hours of cigar smoking almost. Ask the boys if you have any doubts. :laugh: This all took place on Tuesday.

So today...I didnt think i was going to smoke since my throat feels like it has taking a serious beating. :whistling: I started the day off trying to convince myself I shouldnt get a locker at the shop and I know it was a must. If i want to cut my cigar smoking from 5 to 8 cigars a day, I had to do it. The first smoke of the day which is the only one I will review since the others speak for them selves and the fact I didnt even write about them. And I will be damned, I lost that paper. Oh well, going to wing this review.

AF Don Carlos Lanceros. Yes, i smoked this bad boy and all I can say is WOW...Mommie, may I have 30 more of these please. I swear I have been good. :whistling:

The wrapper has a nice hint of sweetness to it which work great with this stick. The cigar wrapper was perfect and only had 1 sunspot in the wrapper. The cut was again perfect. The preburn didnt take but a second and this stick roared to life. I was greeted with a mild, creamy, and a little sweet taste throughout the stick. This continued to pop back up from the beginning to end. There was a brief moment that I picked up on a peppery taste. Not like a heavy Opus X style, something different. It was like a white pepper taste. not over powering at all but when it first made its appearance. It was like being hit by a Mack Truck for a few seconds and then it mellowed out. I smoked this till I couldnt hold or puff this stick any more. I'd give this cigar a solid 100% in my book. Just a breath taking experience. Now you may think...Thats a high ass rating. Fine...But this is my opinion and I feel blessed that I got to smoke it. And at the same time, feel sad cuz I know my chances of being blessed with this stick again is. So I cant say thanks enough this experience.

Oh boy...Is this day done? Hell no it isnt. I really went off the deep end on this one. I bought my 2nd Prometheus Gift set. It has the Opus X D'Chateau, Lancero, and yes...the BBMF. I couldnt take it any more. I decided to jump in the deep end and cut the BBMF. Yes, you read that right. The flower was in good shape but it didnt matter. This stick was going down to please the Cigar Gods and Godesses with the other fallen sticks since Tuesday. I was expecting this stick to be like an in your face Opus with its wonderful spice. But alas, this wasnt the case. In fact, it didnt even remind me of any Opus X I've smoked. It kinda reminded me a Don Carlos/Hemi mixed in one. It burned really good. Only one flaw was in this cigar. The damn bands with to much glue on it. After carefully peeling hte band off, the wrapper split so the last 1 1/2 to 2" the wrapper went to hell in a hand basket. It didnt change the cigar or the experience whatsoever. The only thing I can say is if you get a chance to smoke one, do so immediately. WOW!!! Was well worth the money I spent on it. Yes, I still have my original one I picked up in Dec 2005. :D

All in all..These last 2 days I smoked some of the best smokes I could get my hands all. Do enjoy this wacky and unusual review. :D

That's a lot of high end stuff in one day, but what the hell, if I am going to kill myself slowly it might as well be worth it on the way.

I would love to see the Don Carlos Lancero (and the BBMF, but fat chance on that one) become a regular release cigar; it's a great stick. Thanks for the review.

Loren you are SICK! But awesome review and im glad you are down there keeping those turd tappers in line they need it!

Loren you are a HERF demi-GOD!

Man your breath must smell like well aged puro leaf :sign:

Fantastic selection as well copious amount of cigars you have consumed, this was like a never ending smokers dream all bunched up in one long day trip haze.

You got huge cojones to end all this up with a BBMF, but then again what else could be more fitting then that. :thumbs:

This is something that every dedicated yet crazy cigar aficionado should do at least once. ;)

I'm proud and envious at the same time, more power to you.

I had a dream once that went something like that...It's good to see someone living the dream.

Even though you might not taste your food for a few days! :laugh:

DAMN! That is a nice few days of smoking! I need a job where I can smoke. Anybody know of any smoke friendly law firms (FAT CHANCE!)?

That's the Carlito Super Glue that you encountered on the bands ;)

BBMFs do start out very mellow for Opus... but the "teaser" blending method used for 'em should have had it kick in about 3/4th of the way through... but your palate is dead as a doornail anyway, we all know that. :)

Peats gone mad I say. Someone lock him up before he hurts himself... oh, and you can send his stash to me... I'll hold it for him. :D

I've always been told that envy is a sin...

I am a sinner!!

-Fetter

Now mind you, I've only got to do this 1 time in 10 years. It was well worth it and I would do it all over again without a hesitation. :D

Sounds like someone had an awesome day of smoking. Hell of a line up.

The Don Carlos Lancero is one of my all time favorite cigars. The cigar was thought up in February of 2000 while Carlito was sitting in his office entertaining some friends. I was sitting there with my wife and two other couples when I told Carlito he needed to make the Don Carlos Lancero. He handed me the first one in October of 2000 at the CFC event. It was damn tasty.

I have begged him since then to make the DC Lancero a regular production cigar, the closest we have come is this Christmases Don Carlos samplers. I bought 6 of the samplers so I could get the Lanceros. I also like all the other sizes so it wasn;t a big deal for me.

The Master said:

The Don Carlos Lancero is one of my all time favorite cigars. The cigar was thought up in February of 2000 while Carlito was sitting in his office entertaining some friends. I was sitting there with my wife and two other couples when I told Carlito he needed to make the Don Carlos Lancero. He handed me the first one in October of 2000 at the CFC event. It was damn tasty.

I have begged him since then to make the DC Lancero a regular production cigar, the closest we have come is this Christmases Don Carlos samplers. I bought 6 of the samplers so I could get the Lanceros. I also like all the other sizes so it wasn;t a big deal for me.
[snapback]300357[/snapback]​

Jeez you really are the master.

The Master said:

[snapback]300357[/snapback]​

So what's it going to take to convince him to make it regular production? How many signatures will we be needing on a petition? We must figure out a way!

I've been begging him for years to make them regular production, I don't know if he ever will. We can only hope he does.

Drew_Moberly said:
Loren you are SICK! But awesome review and im glad you are down there keeping those turd tappers in line they need it!
[snapback]299160[/snapback]​
I got your tapper right here! Speaking of which, pussy, did you ever choke down that JDN magnum 660?
Great review Loren, thanks for the cigars you put in my locker(your locker)! I really enjoyed smoking them! :D Fun day but 18 hrs is entirely too much time in my store. We need to get this guy laid!

Smokyballs said:
Great review Loren, thanks for the cigars you put in my locker(your locker)! I really enjoyed smoking them! :D Fun day but 18 hrs is entirely too much time in my store. We need to get this guy laid!
[snapback]300707[/snapback]​

Sad...I have a couple more sticks to put in there and one of them already went down. The 18th wont be coming fast enough. :laugh: Wouldnt mind a couple of the door greeters. :whistling: :thumbs: :D