• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soft Flame Butane Lighters

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
This is an offshoot of the "Proper Lighting" topic. . .

Does anyone have a preference to a particular soft flame butane lighter? Something kind of nice that isn't going to break the bank or my heart if I lose it? I've used my Zippo in the past and have noticed the fuel taste with some smokes and not with others, so I would rather go the butane route. Not really looking to go the BIC route since it has such a small flame.

Thanks in advance!

matches people matches! If I lose one, no big deal! :laugh:

Brandon

hojadepuro said:
matches people matches! If I lose one, no big deal! :laugh:
I dont know what you consider cheap, but here is one I found for 30 that looks neat.
lighter

Brandon
edited to put link that I forgot
[snapback]300657[/snapback]​

He's looking for a soft flame, not a torch. :p

I do agree with Brandon, matches are the best way to go IMO.

Nick

For a nice flint lighter I would recommend the Corona Old Boy lighter. You can get them for under a C note. For more expensive choices there is the DuPont line of lighters. They are very expensive but in my opinion worth it. You can find some nice used ones on Ebay, but you need to be wary of fakes.

I have an old soft flame butane lighter that I only use when I'm afraid I might loose my torch. Nothing fancy or expensive, but it does do it's job nicely. In one of these pics, I admit I have the flames cranked up a bit high. If nothing else, it's a fun conversation piece.

Lighter1

Lighter2

Matt

If this is something you'd consider, you might be able to get a deal here:

Ebay lighter

edited to replace giant photos with links to giant photos...sorry!
edited again to add ebay link

Wow Matt that sure is interesting to say the least! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'm going to have to spend a little more than I thought I would to get what I am looking for.

I'll have to let the wife know, I do have a birthday coming up in a couple of months. . .

I use a Dupont that I got off of eBay for $80 with shipping. It is a nice lighter but the flame is a little small. The Corona lighters are great. A few friends of mine who smoke pipes have them and lovem'.

Believe it or not the fake Dupont lighters are not all that bad, as long as you don't pay a lot for them. Outlawsp uses one and from what I can tell he seem to like it. One of the knock-off brands is Nibbo. They are around $20, and they seem ok.

For a nice flint lighter I would recommend the Corona Old Boy lighter. You can get them for under a C note. For more expensive choices there is the DuPont line of lighters. They are very expensive but in my opinion worth it. You can find some nice used ones on Ebay, but you need to be wary of fakes.

Why is it I always start looking for these recommendations after they are almost impossible to find ???

:cool:

I kinda like the option of both flame and windproof. Here's one I have that is cheap, but works well. (Kind of a funny little animation showing the operation of the lighter.) linky

Thanks a bunch for the info fellas!

Does anyone know if those Thunderbird internals will fit in a Zippo case?

Picked up one of the thunderbird inserts the otherday, fits zippo's. I only use soft flames and this thing is sweet. No mess.

This is what I use. When I first bought it, it wouldn't light up after the first fill. About a week later it sparked right up and has never given me a problem since. If anyone has a similar problem, give it a week before you send it back. I recommend it.

I use the Z-plus insert in my Zippo Lighter...cost me 10 buckaroos... :whistling:

LG-BLA-ZPLUS-400.jpg

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/....cfm/inum/19733

I also have a Vector I only paid 25 bucks for at a mall "Smoke Shop" (pfft!!):

http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/template....orch/TIZIO.html

You don't have to break the bank Alan...

Rowenta also makes a lot of good soft flame lighters that last forever (mine is going on 26 years with no problems).

Most can be had for around 40 dollars.

And guys the Z-plus isn't a soft flame :p

*edit*

I would also like to reccomend the Porsche Design PD2, Its a great light for both cigars and pipes if you don't mind paying the extra dough.

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=D...D&tier2=232

OK, I've gotten 3 PMs and a few comments here in the thread. I want to make it clear, I started this thread OVER 2 YEARS AGO. I have since purchased an Old Boy and loooove it. I also use the Zippos I've had for years and no insert. I thought I could taste the fuel, but I was just smelling it. It went away in a second or two. The new Zippo fuel doesn't smell at all to me.

Thanks for the recommendations, but I"m all set here. :sign:

:) :) :) :)