• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me choose a birthday smoke

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I plan on using the occasion to smoke my first Habano. I have three available to choose from:

Romeo y Julieta Exhibition #4
SLR Serie A
Jose L Piedra Corona Gorda

I'm sure these aren't really considered special occasion cigars to many folks here, but they're what I've got.

Any suggestions?

spelling edit

Oh for goodness sakes, don't smoke the JLP for your birthday. :D

That leaves the other two. Your choice might depend on what you intend to drink with your smoke. Wine or something delicate, go with the RyJ. Coffee, espresso or distilled, go with the SLR A. Personally, I think the SLR A would be a fine choice for first Habanos cigar.

BTW, I don't think JLP makes a corona gorda-sized vitola. The Conservas is the fattest at 5.5 x 44 and the Cazadores is the longest at 6 x 43. I think.

Wilkey

Oh for goodness sakes, don't smoke the JLP for your birthday. :D

That leaves the other two. Your choice might depend on what you intend to drink with your smoke. Wine or something delicate, go with the RyJ. Coffee, espresso or distilled, go with the SLR A. Personally, I think the SLR A would be a fine choice for first Habanos cigar.

BTW, I don't think JLP makes a corona gorda-sized vitola. The Conservas is the fattest at 5.5 x 44 and the Cazadores is the longest at 6 x 43. I think.

Wilkey

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably just have some iced tea or maybe coffee, so I can make my choice there.

I didn't know that about the JLP. Thanks for the clarification. It seems to be almost 6 inches in length or so, but it is definately fatter than 43 ring gauge. I'll have to remeasure it, I guess. I pick it up in the PIF going on in the Pass folders, so I wasn't exactly sure what it was.

Thanks again.

RASS.....:whistling:

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately I'm stuck with what I've got for now. One of these days I'll get my hands on some of the better smokes, but I'm still experimenting with what I like and I don't want to end up turning completely to the dark side. :laugh:

SLR!
-Rob

Noted and thank you!

Hands down go with the SLR A. Its a nice smoke and for your own sake, dont smoke the Jose Piedra on your bday. :laugh:

Be patriotic, smoke an American Puro. Munniemaker :laugh:

Doc.

Both, smoke the RyJ in the morning with alight nutty coffee. Smoke the SLR at night with a nice bourbon or scotch. Save the Piedra for the honeymoon while the sleeps in one morning.

Emo

RASS.....:whistling:

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately I'm stuck with what I've got for now. One of these days I'll get my hands on some of the better smokes, but I'm still experimenting with what I like and I don't want to end up turning completely to the dark side. :laugh:

:whistling: Watch out in the mail.......:whistling:

Oh man, who's the bastage now! :laugh: ;)

I'll keep an eye out! Your generosity is greatly appreciated! :blush:

This place never ceases to amaze me in one way or the other. . .

Thanks to you all for your great advice!

SLR :) or a RASS if you can get yer hands on one, or both MMMMM taste test :)

I didn't get to smoke on my b-day. I got a head cold 2 days before. When that cleared up I enjoyed a BBF and a Vegas Robaina that I received from a generous fellow here whom I didn't even know looked at this thread.

Still haven't tried a RASS...not sure what happened there.