• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Fest 2006 Friday Evening Pre-Herf

Herfin Bigdog

Saturday is well covered for Cigar Fest herfing, and Pre-Fest and Post-Fest herfing. There is the Pre-Fest Brunch for those able to get the limited tickets for some cigarros y juevos. That would be cigars and eggs for those who are liguistically challenged. :D And then there are three restaurants at the Split Rock that will be cigar friendly until 2:AM for some Post-Fest herfing on Saturday.

But what about those arriving for Cigar Fest on Friday evening that are staying at the Split Rock? :( So far, I know of at least 8 BB members (between CP and CW) that are staying at the Split Rock and will be arriving Friday afternoon or evening for the weekend.

I have taken the liberty to reserve an area at the Split Rock Pavilion for the Friday Cigar Fest travelers. With the plan to make the reservation start time at 6:00PM Friday, the Pavilion supposedly can accomodate up to 150 people. I reserved space for 30.

This area has food and beverage service. I am trying to determine which of the restaurants at Split Rock will be serving the food because the menus for each restaurant are on the Split Rock website. The area is supposedly also protected from inclement weather by a roof or covering of some type.

This is not limited to those CP and CW members who are staying at the Split Rock. If you are arriving Friday but not staying at the Split Rock, but you will be looking for a place to herf... let me know if you'll be joining us.

I just want to keep track in case we start reaching 30 people. I'll increase the number if need be. :laugh:

Please post here if you're interested in the Friday evening Herf regardless of where you are staying Friday evening.

As I find out more details, I will post them here. :)

woohoo.gif
WTG Bryan! I'll be in attendance!
s5oeat.gif

woohoo.gif
WTG Bryan! I'll be in attendance!
[/quote]

That's great to hear Tim. :D

By the way, that bouncing avatar is not work safe for my office. Although it has a hypnotic effect, I must scroll quickly by your messages while surfing during lunch at work. :laugh:

Me & Ginger will be there :thumbs:

By the way, that bouncing avatar is not work safe for my office. Although it has a hypnotic effect, I must scroll quickly by your messages while surfing during lunch at work. :laugh:
They look like they are saying....HERF with each bounce :sign:

Me & Ginger will be there :thumbs:

They look like they are saying....HERF with each bounce :sign:

<squinting>...herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..herf..

Yep! That's it all right. :laugh:

DOAH! I misunderstood the person I was dealing with at the resort. The pavilion does not have direct food service. However, Bench Warmers is within walking distance around the small pond.

I had thought we might be able to BYOB, but due to regulations, any alcohol being consumed outside your lodging that was not purchased at the resort could result in a fine.

"...The Galleria Dining Room and Bell’ago Restaurant, (Bell’ago is at the Lodge) are the Restaurants open for dining. Reservations are required and service times are 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Lago pizzeria is also located in the Lodge (near the pavilion) and has a great menu for takeout. I don’t see a problem with your guests ordering food from Lago and taking it to the Pavilion. ..."

Resort map: http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/HerfinBig...t_Layout?full=1

Bench Warmers: http://www.splitrockresort.com/benchwarmers-menu.php

The reservation time starts at 6:00PM, and we can stay as long as we like. However, music must stop at 10:00PM. Music? I don't know, but that's what they told me.

More to come....

does anyone know of anyone that needs a ticket to this thing?

I would suggest starting a separate thread offering the ticket, unless you have already done that.

I'll check on the Cigar Weekly board and if I see anyone looking, I'll let you know.

Why don't you PM me your email addy. That way I can give it to anyone who may be interested and they can contact you directly. :)

does anyone know of anyone that needs a ticket to this thing?

I would suggest starting a separate thread offering the ticket, unless you have already done that.

I'll check on the Cigar Weekly board and if I see anyone looking, I'll let you know.

Why don't you PM me your email addy. That way I can give it to anyone who may be interested and they can contact you directly. :)

its sold, and i forgot to post that here.. my apologies, but a big thanks for your offer to help, and another apolgy for thread-jacking!

So it looks like 4 folks besides myself from CP attending the Pre-Fest Herf:

BrewMeister
Mr. and Mrs. Wolf
Hector TMC

There are about 5 CW folks besides myself attending:

HerfinOne
Tchapchap
rcarms
slevy007
Bachus

So we'll have almost a dozen from both BBs. :)

Tick-tock, tick-tock......it's almost time! We'll be on the road in a little bit, so we will see you guys tonight!!! :thumbs:

Sorry I haven't been able to keep track of this too much..... but I will be attending along with my brother and my father.

Hope to meet up with some guys......