• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free Cigars From CVM.....Update w\ pics

billytpage

I found this offer a few days ago, and went for it without researching first :whistling:. I said I would post what I received so here it is:

First the "priority" box was contained within a manila envelope. So instead of costing $4.05 to ship, it was only $1.59 and CVM gets a free shipping container courtesy of the USPS.

fraud.jpg

As for the contents, a few decent looking factory seconds. No surprise there.

goods1.jpg
goods2.jpg

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this "deal" to anyone. Live and learn I guess :D

Billy

God, what a way to get bent. I think that if the Postal Service learns of the misuse of their free Priority Mail boxes, they'll at least ban CVM from ever receiving more.

God, what a way to get bent. I think that if the Postal Service learns of the misuse of their free Priority Mail boxes, they'll at least ban CVM from ever receiving more.

Yeah, I think it is a pretty lame way to do business.

Billy

"Our FREE Cigar offer is unherad of in this industry."

Now you know why.

What did these clowns charge you for "shipping & handling" ?

$9.05. I guess it was more for the handling. Ripping off the USPS must be hard work :whistling: Billy
You've gotta be effing kidding me! Who the heck is CVM?

BTW, the USPS fine is $600 for each misuse of Priority Mail packaging. How do I know? The counterlady at my local PO told me that when I tried to use one (overwrapped in brown paper) to send something out of the country. It was the perfect size, unfortunately, what I was doing was also illegal.

Wilkey

What did these clowns charge you for "shipping & handling" ?

$9.05. I guess it was more for the handling. Ripping off the USPS must be hard work :whistling: Billy
You've gotta be effing kidding me! Who the heck is CVM?

BTW, the USPS fine is $600 for each misuse of Priority Mail packaging. How do I know? The counterlady at my local PO told me that when I tried to use one (overwrapped in brown paper) to send something out of the country. It was the perfect size, unfortunately, what I was doing was also illegal.

Wilkey

Wow... that's like 66 of those "unheard of" samplers. :laugh:

CVM Cigars
cvmcigars.com
5783 SW 40th Street #207
Miami, Florida 33155
Phone: 305.669.8919
FAX: 305.442.9189
E-Mail: sales@cvmcigars.com

Nevermind,

I read a few of the other accounts. Looks like these guys belong on the blacklist. Sorry you got taken, Billy.

Wilkey

PS, Hey Kirk, this isn't the same CVM as in "Cliffy" is it?

Well, don't look at it as "wasted" money. You've identified a place as "sketchy" for the rest of us, and you've outed their little Priority Box maneuver.

This information could come in handy for the rest of us someday.

Now....if someone else still decides to do this deal.....that's a waste. :)

It is still only $1.50 a stick. So, if they are decent it still may be worth it, eh?

It is still only $1.50 a stick. So, if they are decent it still may be worth it, eh?

:rolleyes:
Why support a scamming retailer? CVMcigars has been using this ploy for years, taking advantage of trusting new cigar smokers. USPS Priority box scam aside, do you honestly think these are their 6 Best Selling cigars, as advertised?

There are plenty of respected retailers that would be happy to assist you with acquiring quality smokes at a fair price.

Actually it's a $1.24 per stick average based on Billy's net cost of goods.

Those look like El Credito Cetros which go for $1.68 at Holt's. The Old Fashioneds look like they might be the #1 and #4 at $1.41 and $1.15 each, respectively from Mike's. That means a retail cost of $8.48. Their wholesale cost might be in the range of $5-5.50 so you didn't get squat for free. Looks like they used this "deal" as a ruse to dump inexpensive bundle cigars.

Wilkey

:rolleyes:
Why support a scamming retailer? CVMcigars has been using this ploy for years, taking advantage of trusting new cigar smokers. USPS Priority box scam aside, do you honestly think these are their 6 Best Selling cigars, as advertised?

There are plenty of respected retailers that would be happy to assist you with acquiring quality smokes at a fair price.
Good point, I would not want to support them in any way.

Actually it's a $1.24 per stick average based on Billy's net cost of goods.

Those look like El Credito Cetros which go for $1.68 at Holt's. The Old Fashioneds look like they might be the #1 and #4 at $1.41 and $1.15 each, respectively from Mike's. That means a retail cost of $8.48. Their wholesale cost might be in the range of $5-5.50 so you didn't get squat for free. Looks like they used this "deal" as a ruse to dump inexpensive bundle cigars.

Wilkey
Nice work

Isn't using a USPS priority box for non USPS Priority mail purposes a punishable offense?

Hmm......

First the "priority" box was contained within a manila envelope. So instead of costing $4.05 to ship, it was only $1.59 and CVM gets a free shipping container courtesy of the USPS.

I'd report their asses.