• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora 100 Anos

CgarDan

This is a beautifull cigar. Each label is numbered. The wrapper is silky smooth and light brown color. The cigar honestly looks like a piece of art

196_9667_r1.jpg

Pre light smell hints that this would be a balanced smoke without much power to it. The construction also looks superb, which is reaffirmed by the effortless cut and the way the foot took to light.

First few puffs affirm that the cigar is mild perhaps slightly on the medium side. I sense mostly woodsy flavors with a few floral scents in there. The construction is in fact excellent as the burn is crisp straight and the ash is holding on quite nicelly.

196_9670_r1.jpg

As the cigar progresses some very mild spice notes start to mix into the overall prifile. Another flavor that I picked up was a slight taste of rosted almonds on the finish. This profile continued all the way through

196_9671.jpg

I think the cigar is quite good for its profile, perhaps it could use just a hint more strength to add to the complexity. Interestingly enough if I smoked this when just starting out I would find it too mild and boring as I doubt I could pick up the very fine flavor nuances of this smoke.

I would not pair this one with any strong drinks, maybe even medium coffee or port will overpower its flavors. The choices I might consider are semi sweet blancs or mellow red California Zinfandels.

Nicely done review Dan. But I never thought of these cigars as being "mild". I find them more full bodied w/ lots of flavor. It has been quite a while since I had one though. Maybe I will go fire one up now! :thumbs:

The weird part is after looking at dif websites most of the pics I have found on these have a maduro colored wrapper. Mine was light brown in color. Wonder if they changed the wrapper since the original version

The weird part is after looking at dif websites most of the pics I have found on these have a maduro colored wrapper. Mine was light brown in color. Wonder if they changed the wrapper since the original version

I know that they all have a Corojo wrapper. I would imagine that shade variations would be common as with any wrapper. That's why factories have a dude that sits there and separates the cigars according to wrapper shade so that our boxes will look uniform in color.

Thanks so much for the great review, Dan. This cigar is also one of my all time favourites. I have to agree with Atuck that I find these to be more of a moderately strong smoke. Nothing overpowering, but quite satisfying.

Great review of the Belicoso I am smoking right now! The last couple inches are magnificent. The corona is even tastier but doesn't have what the last bit of the beli has - complexity. ;)

I tried one of these, the churchill and it was a great cigar. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on this one and may now. Thanks for the great review and pictures. :thumbs:

Great review! Might have to buy a few, ya dirty Bastid :laugh:

Great review, I had the belicoso last week while enjoying some great scotch. I agree with vortex the last couple of inches are amazing, I didnt want to put it down.

Great review Dan. I have a couple of these resting in my humidor. The Robustos look a lot darker than Belicosos do to me.

I had the corona the other day. It was horribly bitter the whole way. I tried slowing way down, but it didn't help. I must have gotten a bad one. The reviews make me want to try again though.

I have one single Churchill that I'm keeping for just that right moment. Seeing as they just released the final batch, and with my luck, I'll love it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review!

It's a shame they're limited edition. Great smoke and the corona's no slouch, either!

I've had the beli and robusto and just picked up a couple more robustos the other day. I think these smokes should be smoked in doors bc it seems some of the flavor profile is lost when not. I find these sticks to be medium bodied at most and I did find some construction problems due to a large vein running down the side of the two smokes I lit up. I heard the best of the line is the corona, any thoughts?

I had a robusto of these a while back and thought it was quite strong. It reminded me of the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003, honestly. A great smoke - too bad they aren't making them anymore.

This cigar is better than its unfortunately named brother the La Aurora 100 Anus