• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Henry's Cigar Tools

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Reaction score
I was surfing around the net the other day looking for a sure fire way to unplug a cigar. I came across this Henry's Cigar Tools. I figured what the heck and sprung on em. They state they will pay for themselves after unplugging a few cigars. The ordering process was a breeze, just include all the info that is requested and send off an email. Steve stays in contact with ya every step of the way and the communication is great.

So the set arrived and was beyond my expectations. They some in a personalized case which makes em handy to toss in your herfador. You get one long and one short tool and also, I believe only included in the heritage set, is the "nubber". Also included is a practice cigar. The main thing with these is working slow. The tools have a chiseled tip which creates a draw chamber the length of the cigar. You move the tool through the cigar with a back and forth twisting motion to help loosen it. The great thing is you can also use em while the cigar is lit with no ill effects. If you are not careful you will run it through the side of the cigar so proper alignment is critical.

The nubber is fantastic and by far my favorite. It doesn't impede the draw at all. I was shocked. The only minor thing is the metal heats up. Not hot enough to burn ya but if your lips hit it you will know. I believe after shipping the total was 36 and some change. From the initial email to my mail box was about 10 or so calendar days.

I am thoroughly satisfied and highly reccomend these.

Shane

What made you decide on these over the Draw Poker that is better known?

Just seemed like I could control it more. Also these just don't ram a needle through the cigar, you chisel out a draw chamber with the tip, less likely to cave in on itself. The tobacco ground apart in a since not just spread open. Seemed like it would work better. I have no experience with the draw poker. These are handsomley made, they have that old timey feel, versus the contraption like feel of the draw poker. Hope that explains things for. Plus being the narcissist I am, I can put my name on em. HAA

Looks like a cool tool

I just can't bring myself to use a poker on a cigar. If it's too tight to draw, to me, that's a product failure and I'll throw it out whether it costs $2 or $20. It's natural variation and plugs happen, but for some reason, I just have a philosophical aversion to using a poker. I must be strange.

Wilkey

i bought a set of henry tools, its nice, but I don't really use it as often as i thought I would. If you poke too many channels, you get into a problem with overheatting ;) I learned that the last time when i just poked before testing.

Looks like a cool tool

I just can't bring myself to use a poker on a cigar. If it's too tight to draw, to me, that's a product failure and I'll throw it out whether it costs $2 or $20. It's natural variation and plugs happen, but for some reason, I just have a philosophical aversion to using a poker. I must be strange.

Wilkey

Danged purists! Sheesh!

But seriously, Wilkey... I've noticed that when I have to use my draw poker, the one AVB refers to, I believe, I've noticed several puffs of really fresh flavor. That is, prior to using the poker, a plugged stick tastes kind of sick. Poke the plug, and the flavor seems smooth and much more intense. You should try it.

Looks like a cool tool

Wilkey
I'm with you Professor, with one exception. I'll use the awl on my SAK and poke that into the head of the cigar and twist. If that doesn't loosen the draw, I toss it. It's worked about 90% of the time for me. It seems like the bunching at that end causes some problems at times.

Hmm,

I had no idea, Bruce. The way I deal with tight draws and plugs now is to keep cutting off pieces until it draws or is too short to smoke, whereupon I throw it out.

I will give it a try with something the next time I get a tight/plugged smoke. Knock on wood, those have been few and far between.

Wilkey

Looks like a cool tool

Wilkey
I'm with you Professor, with one exception. I'll use the awl on my SAK and poke that into the head of the cigar and twist. If that doesn't loosen the draw, I toss it. It's worked about 90% of the time for me. It seems like the bunching at that end causes some problems at times.
Now that you mention it, that does seem to be the case more often than not. I usually just squeeze the inch at the head but I've also clipped off 1/2" sections at a time. I recall a Padilla 1932 responded fairly well to that triage. Bunching at the head does seem to be particularly prone to issues.

Wilkey

I thought you could only get the nubber with the Heritage set?

I was surfing around the net the other day looking for a sure fire way to unplug a cigar. I came across this Henry's Cigar Tools. I figured what the heck and sprung on em. They state they will pay for themselves after unplugging a few cigars. The ordering process was a breeze, just include all the info that is requested and send off an email. Steve stays in contact with ya every step of the way and the communication is great.

So the set arrived and was beyond my expectations. They some in a personalized case which makes em handy to toss in your herfador. You get one long and one short tool and also, I believe only included in the heritage set, is the "nubber". Also included is a practice cigar. The main thing with these is working slow. The tools have a chiseled tip which creates a draw chamber the length of the cigar. You move the tool through the cigar with a back and forth twisting motion to help loosen it. The great thing is you can also use em while the cigar is lit with no ill effects. If you are not careful you will run it through the side of the cigar so proper alignment is critical.

The nubber is fantastic and by far my favorite. It doesn't impede the draw at all. I was shocked. The only minor thing is the metal heats up. Not hot enough to burn ya but if your lips hit it you will know. I believe after shipping the total was 36 and some change. From the initial email to my mail box was about 10 or so calendar days.

Shane

This is true

Ah ok. I thought you had ordered a set other than the heritage set...

Hmmm, I have been thinking about ordering these, but I haven't experienced a plug yet. Maybe what I might do is just continue on until I get a plug and put it back in my humidor with a special label or something and then get these.

Looks like a cool tool

Wilkey

Really? I'm a bit the opposite. I find if im at the point of tossing it because its plugged why not try a draw poker. Worst case scenario I ruins the smoke, oh well I was going to toss it anyway. Best case is it smokes fine and I saved my self 8$.

Looks like a cool tool

Wilkey

Really? I'm a bit the opposite. I find if im at the point of tossing it because its plugged why not try a draw poker. Worst case scenario I ruins the smoke, oh well I was going to toss it anyway. Best case is it smokes fine and I saved my self 8$.
I totally understand where you're coming from and to be honest your way makes more sense. I'm just a bit odd that way. :D

Wilkey

Mine ships to me Monday. I'm Stoked!! Thanks for the lead

Shane

...It seems like the bunching at that end causes some problems at times.

If the head is bunched up and causing problems, you can't beat a 2" drywall screw for fixing the draw. Screw it in, screw it out... problem fixed just about every time.