• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Lancero / Panetela Question

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Generally, I find small RG smokes have too tight a draw for my preferences and I generally stayed away from them in all box and most single purchases. However, the LFD Double Ligero Lanceros have changed my opinion and now I see that good things MAY really come in small packages.

If you'd be so kind, please post your favourites in these shapes and describe their draw and Body. Basically, I'm looking for smokes that may rival the Lancero from LFD, maybe not in strength, but with nice flavour and "light" draw chacteristics.

Thanks in advance.

Cigar: La Flor de Ynclan
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan
Binder: Indonesian
Wrapper: Equidorian Connecticut Shade
Size: Lancero

***A Cuban farmer meets a Dominican roller...

f_ResizedLancm_37ed00b.jpg

This is one of my favorite cigars. My friend that turned me on to this hobby swears by them. They are apparently much more popular in Europe. The draw has been in my experience always perfect... firm at first that slowly loosens up. The flavor is excellent... very creamy, nutty and what I am coming to recognize as rich cocoa. My only beef with this cigar vitola is the finish can tend to get a bit hot. I have to really take it easy on them.

This has become my "go to smoke". :love:

mac

The Padilla 1932 lancero is a very good smoke. It's thicker than a regular lancero (40 ring gauge I do believe) and gives lots of spice and leather. The Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias is a very balanced and smooth pantela. I also love the Opus X petite lancero.....fairly strong as well.

For cubans.....I don't even know where to start. Too many good ones, but the Fundadore is my personal favorite.

I really enjoy the Joya de Nic anto Lancero. They are a robust cigar with good flavor and a good spice. I haven't had any draw problems, but you do have to respect this cigar ans smoke it slowly or else it to will get a bit warm.

Billy

The Don Pepin (aka god) Cuban Classic Petite Lancero is a damn good cigar. I've been smoking at least one a day for quite some time. The Miami 8/11 ain't no slouch either. BTW, as I've posted in the past, Lanceros are only for thin mustachioed, unctuous, swarthy pimps, wearing Panama hats. I don't recommend them. They could be hazardous to your reputation. Smoke with caution.

Doc.

Opus X Petit Lancero
Don Pepin Garcia Black Label (Cuban Classic) Petit Lancero
Tatuaje (brown label) Especiales

Opus X Petit Lancero

Those 3 + the Tatuaje Havana VI Victoria are my favorites.

Smoked my first JdN Antano Lancero today (thanks Seadub!) and it was friggin awesome. Tons and tonf os spice and a really great development of flavors down the length. And at under $5/stick they are a great bargain. I'm breaking my rule of not buying a box after only one stick tomorrow...

Uncommon but the most enjoyable lanceros-size I've smoked is the Graycliff Espresso Elegantes. An excellent cigar that, IMO, is far superior to any of its other fatter, shorter Espresso line brethren.

Wilkey

For ME, this is a no brainer:
el Laguito Lancero-- the ONLY long thin cigar I fully enjoy- Despite the shape, the draw is always perfect. Because of the shape, the smoke is always cool, never burns hot. The flavors start out very mild, then develop significant spice, and then change at least 4 times- adding coffee, licorice, cream and other flavors as it goes. Never strong at all, but very complex. Never bitter or harsh. I don't really know how you get so much into a skinny smoke (well...maybe I do) :whistling:

La Libertad Gran Panatela

Monte-Santo Lanceros

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Lanceros are nice and a good price (aprox. $70 a box). My favorite Lancero is the Opus X Lancero. They are a bit rare, but an absolutely fantastic raspberry treat.

Opus X Petit Lancero

Those 3 + the Tatuaje Havana VI Victoria are my favorites.

Smoked my first JdN Antano Lancero today (thanks Seadub!) and it was friggin awesome. Tons and tonf os spice and a really great development of flavors down the length. And at under $5/stick they are a great bargain. I'm breaking my rule of not buying a box after only one stick tomorrow...

I think this little discussion just about covers all the non-Isom lanceros I've fallen in love with.

Pepin Blue Label Lancero. Scoff 'em if ya can find 'em. Day're damned goooodaahh!

Oh yea, and as stated previously, Trini Fundy. Can't go wrong.

Pepin Blue Label Lancero. Scoff 'em if ya can find 'em. Day're damned goooodaahh!

I'm really kicking myself for not getting in on this deal when it went-down.

And lets not forget to mention the Don Carlos Lancero. I've never had one myself, but I hear they are where it is at...

best Non cuban lancero I have smoked this year has got the be the Don Carlos Lancero.! Perfect draw..great volumes of smoke. exceptional taste.

Don Carlos Lanceros are among the best cigars cigars I've smoked of any ring guage or length. Very hard to come by though.

Tatuaje Especiales don't suck either. :)

The Don Carlos lancero was among the best cigars I have ever smoked, period. But that one isn't generally available to mere mortals so how about a couple of recommendations that we can actually get :cool:

The Padron regular line includes the Ambassador, and while the ring is listed at 42 the mild press makes it closer to a 39 or 40 IMO. I consider that one a lancero and a bargain as well.

Also for the budgetarily challenged (ME) is the Flor de Ybor #75 from Tampa Sweethearts. Yeah, yeah I know, but I will tell you I have nubbed more of these in the past year than any other brand or size so go ahead and make fun of me. I'll enjoy my two dollar pleasure while you chase all over the place for your ten dollar diversions. :D

Posted with tounge securely anchored in my cheek...

...but I do love both of those selections

The Don Carlos lancero was among the best cigars I have ever smoked, period. But that one isn't generally available to mere mortals so how about a couple of recommendations that we can actually get :cool:

Hey, boxes of 37 @ $14 per cigar is not so bad! You'd do it too... :)