• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18

Rebel Herfer

Adiskide honekin, orduak labur!
Reaction score
I've read a few of the comments on the Camacho Triple Maduro and just had to put in my $12.50! I have also not been posting or reviewing lately as I'm in the Mortgage Banking Industry and have been in my own WOS. This brings me to a quick drop in at my office building's B&M to find something to unwind a busy week. I kept hearing about the new Camacho Triple Maduro's would write a new chapter in Maduro cigars, so when I spotted them on the center table I was excited, especially by the 11/18. I give credit where credit is due; the double ring label scores high on the cool scale and the wrapper was dark with a few veins and a nice dark cocoa aroma with a fair amount of "barnyard." Construction was firm with out being tight, no obvious construction flaws and good tooth. Looks promising!
So come Friday night I spark up this beauty with ease, good light, good start. Even burn but very little, but blue smoke. First couple puffs were a nice medium strength maduro rendition. It started to display some cocoa and spice but it fades quickly to dry, roasted rope! Almost tossed it at this point but it picked up a decent amount of spice and mellowed to a creamy smoke. Had to give it a fair chance and it performed like a mid to low range (cooked) maduro, not bad, just an observation. That was the first half of the stick and it was all downhill from there. It did burn consistantly and hold its' cherry, but those were the only positives. From there the smoke was weak and thin, the taste became more and more bitter, not the amonia based bitter of a young cigar but the bitter of poor quality and roasted tobacco. The finish was like smoking green grass on a hot Texas summer day; better smell than taste. Thank goodness I was drinking Jack cause it helped with the aftertaste. You might rightly ask whay I kept smoking the cigar, and it was because I paid $12.50 for it and it was hyped. Kinda reminded me of the "Great" Te-amo Maduros of Easy-Bake Oven fame; lesson learned. I do like some of the other Comacho sticks, just not this line, and certainly not for the money.
Just felt I owed fellow BOTL's a heads up. In the spirit of full disclosure I do prefer Nicaraguan smokes more than any others and respect that others may enjoy this cigar, hell I may have gotten a bad one. :(

Yowza! What a disappointment. Now I'm really glad I didn't pick up a couple when I was at the B&M last. They didn't smell too good AND the price was rough.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I agree with Rebel on the Triple Maduro! IMO

I did try the new Camacho 11/18 natural and it was pretty good! Just my 2 cents! :thumbs:

I had a very similar experience with this stick. Great marketing with the double bands and the construction and draw were great. First 1/4" was pretty good. It just got very one dimensional and then for me also got bitter to where I just gave it a very far pitch into my backyard burn pit.

Hi everyone, I have to agree with the negitive comments. I had no illusion that this cigar would be anything other then what it was. A triple maduro from Camacho, the name says it all. This cigar is well constructed as are most Camacho products and look so delicious you just have to give it a try.Now for my review. The dark wrapper looked good enough to eat. I thought it was a little veiny for a Camacho, this did cause a bit of an uneven burn which corrected itself quickly. The thick wrapper punched easily and lit with no problem. The draw is loose but not so loose to cause any problem, thats where the goodness stops. The first third is an all out assult on your pallet it felt a bit like I chewing on black pepper. The smoke did mellow a bit in the middle giving the sweetness of the maduro a chance to shine through but it was short lived and back to the assult. This is an all maduro cigar with no variation. Hopfully these will mellow a bit with age, but with limited production I don't think Camacho will repeat this experiment. Dont try these on an empty stomach and expect quite a buzz from these maduro monsters. So save your money and resist the temtation.

I really enjoyed the one cigar that I have had. I smoked the 11/18 a couple weeks ago and thought it was the best Camcho I have had.

I hate all Camacho cigars and will never smoke another one... The owner of the a local B&M tried to sell me on these but in Cali they are like $19... nope! Glad I read this review...now I don't feel so bad for hating something blindly!

-Fetter

I bought two of these a couple of weeks ago. I might try one now, and one in a few years to see if they improve at all.

I agree about the Tripple Maduro. I was unimpressed and the pricepoint ($15 here with CO taxes) was too much to ask for a cigar with poor flavor. I will stick to my camacho corojo fascination.

Thanks for the great review!

I've heard conflicting reports and still haven't tried one myself. I recently smoked a DPG 601 Blue Label Torpedo that was terrible. Yet, I know they are much loved by many so I'm fairly sure I got a bad one. It happens. That's why they say you should always try at least two of any cigar before drawing conclusions - preferably from separate sources. But when they are expensive it deters one from the second attempt. I still haven't re-visited the 601 maddie. It was around $10 wasted! :(

Steve

(BTW, the 601 Green Label Oscuro is out! ;) )

I'm not a Maduro guy personally... But I like Camacho's. A friend of mine, who has similar tastes, but LOVES maduro's tried one of these cigars and had a very similar experience, except the construction on his was not very good either, and the ash flaked ALL OVER THE PLACE. He commented he wouldn't try one again. :(