• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search is your Friend - ATTN: New folks!

grateful1

Oh My!
ok - I know I'm going to pay for this later... :D

---------------------------------------------------PLEASE READ------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Before posting a question (especially if it seems that it may be a common question), please use the search feature on the forum. Simply click the Search button, and type in what you're looking for. There's a good chance your question has already been answered.

NEWBIES, NOOBS, NEW GUYS : use the SEARCH feature on this site...and READ some posts.
Just because the title of a post doesn't pretain to what you are searching, doesn't mean that it lacks your answer!

CP is a treasure of information...you may need to dig a little, but 99% of what you are going to ask - has been answered.

Here's a LINKY on how to Search.

We do have an excellent search feature here that Rod set up for us. Check out the Advanced Search, play with it, get familiar. That way when you need it, you'll already know how to use it.

The only feature missing that I can think of would be the ability to search a thread for a specific member's posts (search does not check member's name or sig tags....)

Good searching will make you a better BOTL and a beter member of the global internet community in general.

-K-

We do have an excellent search feature here that Rod set up for us. Check out the Advanced Search, play with it, get familiar. That way when you need it, you'll already know how to use it.

The only feature missing that I can think of would be the ability to search a thread for a specific member's posts (search does not check member's name or sig tags....)

Good searching will make you a better BOTL and a beter member of the global internet community in general.

-K-

There's a feature you can use to list the posts w/o the content.

At the upper right of the topic...choose 'Options/Switch'. This will at least list the post by user.

Treamayne, I believe what you are looking for is available in a specific person's Profile page. In their profile, under Options is an option to "Find member's posts" or something similiar to that. Is that what you were looking for?

-K-

I am pretty sure you can click on a member's name, hit the drop-down menu, then click on "Find Member's Posts," I've done that many a time, or am I misunderstanding your post?

Edit to add: Woops, Moe already answered that. Duplicate post!

BTW, nice topic Gary...

Search doesn't work for me over here so get off my back, man!!!

:sign:

Seriously, it doesn't work, though... pain in the ass...

Ummm How do you season? Sweet Baby Ray's!
What cigars are best? The ones I smoke!
UMMM and What are beads and are they held together with a little string? Roundish things .....that depends - are they up your....nevermnd?

:laugh:

What do you think this is - LINKY!

so im lik new 2 cigarz. wutz bettar, punchin or cuttin? :whistling:

Worthy topic, take it to heart my fellow neophyte brethren.

-K-

There's a feature you can use to list the posts w/o the content.

At the upper right of the topic...choose 'Options/Switch'. This will at least list the post by user.

Thanks, I'll give this a try....

Treamayne, I believe what you are looking for is available in a specific person's Profile page. In their profile, under Options is an option to "Find member's posts" or something similiar to that. Is that what you were looking for?

This finds all member's posts and I want to find a specific member's post in a specific thread. For example... find my wish list in the wishlist thread. (22 pages to look through and if you use "find member's posts" you get my 1500ish posts to search through. I'll test the above and see where that gets me.

-K-

Edit to add: Outline function combined with an alt+f gets the effect I wanted, although I still think it'd be nice to allow searches by member within a section or thread.

ok - I know I'm going to pay for this later... :D

---------------------------------------------------PLEASE READ------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Before posting a question (especially if it seems that it may be a common question), please use the search feature on the forum. Simply click the Search button, and type in what you're looking for. There's a good chance your question has already been answered.

NEWBIES, NOOBS, NEW GUYS : use the SEARCH feature on this site...and READ some posts.
Just because the title of a post doesn't pretain to what you are searching, doesn't mean that it lacks your answer!

CP is a treasure of information...you may need to dig a little, but 99% of what you are going to ask - has been answered.

Here's a LINKY on how to Search.

What is this 'Search' function of which you speak?? :laugh:

BTW, cello on or cello off?

Do I have to use Spanish ceder or can i use regular ceder?

:thumbs: !!!!!!!!READ MORE POST LESS!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

What are some good sources for Cuban cigars? :sign: