• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Donations for Tasman

pembroke3355

Banned
Hi

I would like to start some type of fundraiser cigars and other items for Tasman and his unit in Iraq. I know CP already takes care of our troops and that is awesome. About 2 weeks ago I received a pm from Tasman about the NBA finals contest I was running. He asked that if he won if I would send the sticks to his wife because he was going on a long tour to Iraq.

What I would like to do is donate some cigars(I would like a FOG or someone who know him to handle I am new and not well known here so I know that people could have a problem sending stuff to me). Anyone else who wants to donate cigars or other items to be sent to Tasman(his address is now in his profile)would send the stuff to the person in charge and that person would send the package out to him and his unit.

I just think it would be great to let Tasman know we here at CP are thinking of him in his time of service. I would like to donate some Opus X RDC and a ISOM(If it is legal to send them to Iraq?). Is there anyone who would like to take control of this?

Best Regards
Don

Hi

I would like to start some type of fundraiser cigars and other items for Tasman and his unit in Iraq. I know CP already takes care of our troops and that is awesome. About 2 weeks ago I received a pm from Tasman about the NBA finals contest I was running. He asked that if he won if I would send the sticks to his wife because he was going on a long tour to Iraq.

What I would like to do is donate some cigars(I would like a FOG or someone who know him to handle I am new and not well known here so I know that people could have a problem sending stuff to me). Anyone else who wants to donate cigars or other items to be sent to Tasman(his address is now in his profile)would send the stuff to the person in charge and that person would send the package out to him and his unit.

I just think it would be great to let Tasman know we here at CP are thinking of him in his time of service. I would like to donate some Opus X RDC and a ISOM(If it is legal to send them to Iraq?). Is there anyone who would like to take control of this?

Best Regards
Don

Verify with him that the APO in his profile is good to go...and fire away!

Make sure you pack them well, and you may want to unband some 'questionable' cigars!

What a generous offer Don & I applaud your initiative. :)
As you may or may not know, we here in DFW had a sendoff Herf for Dean at the beginning of May (search the thread it was great), and Mike (Preembargo) will be the Trustee of Dean’s Stash for safe keeping here at home in Tobacco Road curteousy of Jim. Pre is in charge of Operation From The Heart that sends packages to Dean and others serving overseas. It would be best to PM Mike and see what you can do rather than duplicate efforts, the same goes for anyone reading this that would like to send him something. I believe there are other BOTL/SOTLs on CP that have similar programs as well.
:D

What a generous offer Don & I applaud your initiative. :)
As you may or may not know, we here in DFW had a sendoff Herf for Dean at the beginning of May (search the thread it was great), and Mike (Preembargo) will be the Trustee of Dean’s Stash for safe keeping here at home in Tobacco Road curteousy of Jim. Pre is in charge of Operation From The Heart that sends packages to Dean and others serving overseas. It would be best to PM Mike and see what you can do rather than duplicate efforts, the same goes for anyone reading this that would like to send him something. I believe there are other BOTL/SOTLs on CP that have similar programs as well.
:D

I was unaware of this and I will PM Mike to see what I can do. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Best Regards
Don

Way to go, Don. Further, I think we should adopt Dean's unit. We pretty much did that last time Tas, HignNTight, and Brickhouse were there. Not to take away from OpFTH, Smitty, and PreEmbargo's efforts, but Dean is one of OURS. However, the logistics can be overwhelming. Would anyone step up to become one of several pack and mail points?

Cigars are nice, but we should also send movies, music, magazines, and newspapers.

Nothing would make me happier than to be the "packing point/collector" for anything headin Deans way, but unfortunately for me, I'm gone 3 days a week getting my unit ready to leave for Afghanistan. So I'm just not home enough to do it. Whatever is decided though, I'd be happy to join in.

I'm sure I'll be sending some things his way on my own regardless.

I do not want to step on any toes. I will do whatever the greater community thinks is best.

Best Regards
Don

Let me know what you are going to do and I would love to help out. Thanks for doing this.

I was thinking about this over the weekend trying figure out the best way to do this. Storage of the sticks has got to be a concern so we just couldn't overwhelm him with cigars...we wouldn't want them getting destroyed by heat.

So, what I thought might work is setting it up like a Cigar Pass and people would sign up to participate. Then we set up a time frame between the members on the list and they would mail their package to him directly...say every 2 weeks. Then every 2 weeks Taz would receive a package of sticks and other goodies we pack in there. We post on the Taz Pass thread who is up on the list and treat it the same manner...posting what cigars you send...what other goodies you include.....the package number. It would be fun and Taz would be aware of the whole process and be excited about the next package's arrival.

All we would need is a CP administrator to start things off here and guide it along.

What do you guys think?

I'm in for whatever you all decide to do. Just tell me where to sign up. :thumbs:

I was thinking about this over the weekend trying figure out the best way to do this. Storage of the sticks has got to be a concern so we just couldn't overwhelm him with cigars...we wouldn't want them getting destroyed by heat.

So, what I thought might work is setting it up like a Cigar Pass and people would sign up to participate. Then we set up a time frame between the members on the list and they would mail their package to him directly...say every 2 weeks. Then every 2 weeks Taz would receive a package of sticks and other goodies we pack in there. We post on the Taz Pass thread who is up on the list and treat it the same manner...posting what cigars you send...what other goodies you include.....the package number. It would be fun and Taz would be aware of the whole process and be excited about the next package's arrival.

All we would need is a CP administrator to start things off here and guide it along.

What do you guys think?

I love the idea that ay no one person is bogged down with alot of stuff to packge and send and that way he gets something every couple of weeks. Let's she what some of the other members think. Unless the number of sticks became huge I am sure he could find other in his unit happy to smoke with him.

Best Regards
Don

Interesting. Seems like this idea would take care of two basic needs - cigars and getting mail from home. I'm in no matter what is decided.

If the Taz pass is what the community thinks what will be good I would be happy to take the names and come up of a list of people and when to send. I would still like to know what the community thinks would be a good time frame somebody every 2 weeks? Also if anyone else has any idea's let us know.

Best Regards
Don

if you need someone else to help out as a pack point just give a yell. We just send another member :whistling: a "care package' recently. Arrival time is a little more than a week.

let me know if you need some help

art

I too was thinking about doing this. I'm honored to help out in any capacity. Pack-n-ship, or just as a contributor.