• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Outlaw Cigar patrons and employees help prevent car jacking!

OzPod

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Bystanders helped foil a carjacking in a parking lot outside a Hen House grocery store Thursday afternoon.KMBC's Jere Gish reported that a 44-year-old woman from Overland Park, who is a cigar representative, was getting ready to go into The Outlaw Cigar Company, which is a cigar shop next to the Hen House on Northwest 64th Street near Interstate 29.A man approached the woman next to her car and started beating her in the face, police said.The woman fought back, and several people in the parking lot heard her yell for help and rushed to her aid. Several people in the cigar shop also came to the woman's aid."Some lady came in the store, screaming that a woman was being assaulted out in the parking lot and call 911," said Kendall Culbertson, owner of The Outlaw Cigar Company. "He didn't say a word, he just started beating her, and I saw her she had a bloody lip and some of her teeth were loose."The carjacker grabbed the woman's keys, jumped in the car and tried to escape, but he slammed into a curb. Several guys held the man down until police arrived."Great citizens. They were some big boys -- they knew what they were doing. They did a great job," Culbertson said. "These guys had this gentlemen well-restrained to where he couldn't do anything. In fact, he was screaming in pain."An 18-year-old man was taken into custody.The woman was treated for facial injuries. She is expected to be OK.Witness said the 18-year-old was seen walking around the parking lot for at least an hour before the attack."He didn't appear to be a shopper. A shopper parks his car and goes into the store. He just seemed to be wandering around a little bit," witness Ron Humbird said.

Note to car jackers, if you want to jack a car, dont do it near a cigar shop, especially to one of our own kind.

boooooooooyah! I hope SmokeyBalls gave him some crotch muffin!

You guys are well restrained. As most times said individual would have been taken away in an ambulance instead of a police car. Well done.

DG

I second that opinion, it would be hard not to get in a couple of shots on a guy knowing he sucker punched an innocent woman. Well done guys!!

Oz, your out of jail so quickly! How dare you attack an old lady!

And Ben with the zinger!! :laugh: :laugh: You just made my morning. Someone give that man a high-five!

You guys are well restrained. As most times said individual would have been taken away in an ambulance instead of a police car.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: .............

You guys are well restrained. As most times said individual would have been taken away in an ambulance instead of a police car. Well done.

DG
No kidding. He might have accidentally gotten curb stomped or something like that in the tussle.... :whistling:

Huge kudos to the outlaw gang. Way to roll, gents...!!!... :thumbs:

And on a day I wasn't even there ;) . Nice work guys. It is good to know that there are good people in the world, and those people smoke cigars.

Interesting note. I would think that we can thank the smoking ban exception for helping thwart this crime. Because if you couldn't smoke in the shop, no one would be in the lounge, and these gentlemen would not have been available to help :p

Link to the video

Unfortunately, they're now going to have to change the name to "Hero Cigar".

I dunno about that. I know of some "enlightened" locales in which this would have been frowned upon, with much hand-wringing, as taking that law into your own hands.

Guys that hit girls like that deserve theres.... In a jail cell. from a lovely man named Frank.
Good work Outlaw fellows..

I got there as the News crews were leaving.Well done fellas.Wish I had gotten there earlier. :angry:

Great job. Hopefully justice will be served on this punk.

I went to an Outlaw event last year. Let me tell you there were some big mofo's there, as well as some of our finest military men. One guy even looked like a pro wrestler. Not a good place to attempt a carjack.

Kevin