• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Secretos Maduro 5

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
First I want to say thank you to Gary for the smoke. I have one more sitting in my humidor and all I can say is " Thats not enough". I think this ranks in my top 5 some where around 2 or 3. Here's a short background on Cohiba:

"The Cohiba brand is a relative newcomer as it was introduced in 1968, initially developed as a cigar for presentation only by officials of the Cuban government. In 1982 it became available for the world to appreciate. This brand could be quite rightly called the flagship of the Cuban style of cigar. Only the best leaves from 10 farms of the Vuelta Abajo region supply Cohiba, the only brand to employ three fermentations! This cigar is very expensive, but until you have tried "the Cohiba" you will not understand the multi-layered, velvety nuances of flavour that are possible. Aromatic, rich but never overpowering."

Cohiba
Secretos Maduro 5

Origin: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuba
Binder: Cuba
Filler: Cuba
Place of purchase: B/S/T

Smoking Results

SIZE: Length: 4 3/8" Ring: 40 Weight: 7,4 gr.
APPEARANCE: The appearance was a nice, dark chocolate color
CONSTRUCTION: Was very good, firm to the touch, no soft spots
Cut: Cut with my Xicar x3
DRAW: Predraw felt a little tight
BURN: Was ok through first half, filler burned faster
FLAVOR: Was nice, very smooth, earthy, chocolate, floral undertones, hint of black licorice
STRENGHT: Was a medium to full
SMOKING TIME: roughly 1 hr
GENERAL IMPRESSION: A very nice experience, can't wait to get my hands on more

Lay out: Man cave in my garage. Currently carpeted a section with a tv, dvd, xbox, mini fridge and chair and a space heater. I had a bottle of water, I used my new Xicar x3 to snip off part of the cap. The cut was real smooth. The predraw felt a little tight but wasn't the case. I torched the foot and blew on it until it was evenly glowing red. Preburn smelt fantastic, the smoke was nice and thick. It was lit with no problems and off I went.

1/3
The first thing that hit me was a salty taste on my lips, this lasted for about 20 minutes. Had a very smooth and creamy smoke, burn was nice and even at this point. This stick had a earthy taste to start with a nice tobacco flavor. Towards the end of the first third I started to taste what I can only describe as a floral undertone. The ash was a nice white and lasted about a inch.

2/3
Still smoking real nice, the flavor has turned real sweet at this point. There are hints of chocolate and that floral undertone is stronger. This is the first cigar i've had that has such strong flavors. On each initial draw there's lots of creamy smoke, the earthy flavor is still there but the floral taste is amazing. It has me smoking faster than I normally do, so at this point i'm trying to slow it down so it will last longer.

3/3
At this point the stick has been very consistent as far as flavor, and that's not a bad thing. I had to correct a problem with the burn. It seems the wrapper and the filler has different burning timing. Filler goes faster. This made a slight problem while smoking and was hard to smoke the last one third. After fixing this up I still was able to savor that floral taste. Past the band I tasted what I perceived as a light hint of black licorice. This was the first stick I nubbed and enjoyed every moment of it.

I really enjoyed this smoke and it reminds me of the Lay's slogan "Betcha can't eat just one". I will def. be looking for more of these, the one I have left is simply not enough.. Thanks for reading.

Mike

1/20/09

Smoked my last one until the Post man comes :whistling: :love: .. But heres some pics from today.

cohiba001.jpg

cohiba003.jpg

cohiba004.jpg

cohiba007.jpg

cohiba011.jpg

Good review, I want to get a few of these to try myself.

Its the first cigar that actually looked good enough to just eat!

I was gifted one not too long ago. Normally, I'm not a huge Cohiba fan but, I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Thanks for the review. PICTURES!!!! lol

Thanks for the review,makes me even more to go and buy it.
Looks great.