• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Platino

c1garfan

Viaje Platino

Jefe - 7 X 50

Brethren,

I was gifted this cigar by the owner of my local B & M after they recently got the Platino line in the shop. I guess all the time spent at the shop is beginning to pay off. After receiving favorable ratings in Cigar Aficionado, the owner wanted to get my opinion on the cigar. I happily accepted the generous gift.

On first inspection all I can say is gorgeous. This happens to be one well made cigar. Typically I find soft spots on larger vitolas, but this specimen had a fine pack with no soft spots. The cover leaf is stunning. Light oils cover the Corojo 99 wrapper with no prominent veins. This cigar had a triple cap that was applied very well. I punched the cap and took a few pulls. The cigar had a perfect draw with the taste of well aged tobacco. I have smoked other cigars in the line, but this was my first Churchill. I toasted the foot and off we go.

The first pulls provided ample smoke which had a light pepper to it. The pepper spice had a sweetness which went very well together. I was surprised at the effortless draw. Churchills are notorious for having draw issues, but this cigar smoked very well. I was eager to see how the flavors progressed.

As you can see in the shots I took the ash was a wavy salt and pepper which held together well. Approaching the half way mark the flavors began to become a bit fuller. I put the strength at a solid medium. The flavors are of leather and dark coffee. At this point the smoke took on a creamy characteristic which was most welcomed.

As I progressed the spice picked up a bit. I tasted an earthiness that I really enjoyed. This is a flavor I find consistent with Nicaraguan cigars. I put the strength at medium plus as I started to near the end. I bit of tar began to develop which I avoided.

This cigar was absolutely fantastic. This blends flavor profile fits my palate perfectly. I have enjoyed this line, but Jefe is my favorite vitola to date.

gallery_7858_1123_7826.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_24055.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_5971.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_14362.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_6060.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_13793.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_3852.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_7650.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_9.jpg

gallery_7858_1123_22567.jpg

Great review. I haven't heard of these...and this is a Nic. puro? Any tips on where to pick up a 5'er?