• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla Signature 1932

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
I bought some Padilla Signature 1932 robustos about a year ago. I was anxious to try one, and did so after letting them rest for about a week. My experience was lackluster. I mean, it wasn't a bad cigar. It was pretty, had a nice draw, and burned beautifully. However, the flavor was just...meh! I tried a few more over the following weeks with the same results. I thought perhaps they needed a time out - so I let them sit for a year. I pulled one out last night and decided to take another whack at it. The result? Same lackluster flavor. Still good color, construction, draw and burn - but the flavor is just not doing it for me. Anybody else have a take on this stick?

Hey Jay, I love the Robusto. The Robos that I have are a few months old though. They do need a lot of aging.

Hey Jay, I love the Robusto. The Robos that I have are a few months old though. They do need a lot of aging.

I'm not sure how much aging they need - but I didn't care much for them after a few days, weeks, or a year.

The old 1932's were to die for. Now that Pepin has left Padilla to fend for himself they have gone way down hill. I would still smoke them though.

The Pepin rolled Padilla Lanceros are one of the best cigars I have ever smoked. I smoked one of the newer Padilla robusto and it was good but not great.

To be clear, this is not an indictment against Padilla in general. I have several varieties of Padilla cigars in my humidors. I really like the Obsidian, 68 Series, and Habano. It's just this 1932 that strikes me as "blah".

The Pepin rolled Padilla Lanceros are one of the best cigars I have ever smoked. I smoked one of the newer Padilla robusto and it was good but not great.
I'll third that motion! I just tried the old blend Lancero and loved it. But I sill prefer the old toro. The new blend isn't at all the same but is a good cigar.

Notice the price difference, too. It was hard to get a box of the old blend for less than $200. You can already get the new blend for less than $100 on cbid. Speaks volumes!

I like the 1932 but it's a bit pricey here for what it is . . . there's other sticks in the same price range I like better, but I have one every once in awhile. Now, the reissued Padilla Miami---that's a keeper. The corona's been rockin' my humi for about a month now.

~Boar

The 1932s have been pretty consistent for me, but the 1948s and the Obsidians have had a lot of variance.

I'll third that motion! I just tried the old blend Lancero and loved it. But I sill prefer the old toro. The new blend isn't at all the same but is a good cigar.

Notice the price difference, too. It was hard to get a box of the old blend for less than $200. You can already get the new blend for less than $100 on cbid. Speaks volumes!

Yep. I bought 40 1932's for $150 on Cbid. I smoke them on the golf course - just interesting enough to taste good, but no big deal if you forget it on the last hole, or it goes out, or you just plain toss it and light another.

I was a big fan of Padilla when Pepin was handling the rolling. My favorite was the 8&11. Ever since Pepin left Padilla has gone down hill. In my opinon the entire line. I have been trying all the differnt Padillas and nothing I have tasted would bring me back to the brand.

I will second this motion. I have smoked 4 Padillas in the past few days and they haven't been what I remembered them being. Just a so-so cigar. My opinion is spot on with yours. Great looking/smoking cigar, just meh on flavor.

Brandon

I am glad to see it wasn't just me.

I remember the 1932's being a lot better. I just had one yesterday and it was just ok.

I bought a CI sampler of 4 x 3 of each of the new blends a few weeks ago.

1968: After a week still bitter, after a month at 65% a surprising good cigar. I'd buy more and age them at a lower Rh%

1932: After a week, good and full of flavor, after a month at 65% less flavor but still good, they smoke better fresh at 70% IMO.

1948: These were always my favorite of the old blend, and I still like them. Are they good as the old Pepin rolls? I couldn't tell, I thought they were damn good and will keep purchasing them.

I still enjoy the 1932's, although don't find myself reaching for them quite as often as I once did (which I'm not sure if I really attribute that to anything). I prefer the torpedo and toro over the robusto.