• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Habanos RR and LE...

Will you be purchasing any RR & LE from this new batch?

• YES...the prices are OK with me

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • YES...prices are high, I'll buy less

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • NO...too expensive

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I guess most of us have been receiving all the e-mails acknowledging some of the new Habanos offerings, here are the cigars I was interested in...

Ramon Allones Celestial Finos (25) Asian Regional Release

Bolivar Petit Belicosos (25) 2009 Limited Edition

H. Upmann Magnum 48 (25) 2009 Limited Edition

Romeo Y Julieta Duke (10) 2009 Limited Edition

Trinidad Robusto T (12) or the Trinidad Robusto T (24)

I had it in my mind to select a few because I like smaller sized cigars for the quicker smoke time, but when I saw the prices, it made me pause. I think I was under the false impression that due to the economy (regardless of the Habanos price increase) and the small size of these cigars (most are under 5"!), they may have been priced a little lower.

Anyone else think the same?

I think that the Celestial Finos are fairly priced. I was surprised that they were as cheap as they are considering the cost of the other RR's. Even if you compare them to the recent PCC releases they are considerably less expensive.

I have no interest in EL's so I can't comment on those.

I will buy a few although I think they are over priced!
Habanos keeps raising their prices!
While some of the NC brands over here lower there prices!

For instance a box of Bolivar 109 RE Germany costs 364 Euro's a box at LCDH!

Rene

I was checking out some of the samplers that are out there. I have to wait a little bit, but definitely want to try these. I'll decide on boxes if I end up liking them. Just this newbie's $.02

edit for spelling.

As long as people keep buying them at these prices, Habanos S.A. will continue it's current pricing model. The pricing is bad enough on the RE and EL, but $350+ for a box of 24 Trini Robusto T's which is just regular new production is nuts.

As long as people keep buying them at these prices, Habanos S.A. will continue it's current pricing model. The pricing is bad enough on the RE and EL, but $350+ for a box of 24 Trini Robusto T's which is just regular new production is nuts.

They see Trinidad as one of their premium brands, they are good smokes but ridiculously priced! Of course imho!

Rene

I think the ELs and ERs are ridiculously priced, and I agree with the comment on the pricing for the Trini Ts. Utterly ridiculous. However, I will admit that I am interested in trying a few of them, but will likely purchase only a sampler or more likely singles to see if they are worth purchasing a box of. I will say though that I would not buy a box of any ELs or ERs unless it was on sale.

I agree that they are over priced, yet i still caved into two boxes of the EL boli. :love: